Caught More fish again.

Discussion in 'MINNESOTA RIVERS TALK' started by Larry, May 3, 2006.

1. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Had a great day on the MN river. Managed 3 cats 11.5 , 4 , 3lbs
    2 carp 6-7lbs each
    1 drum. Converted and cut for cat bait.

the channel bite is getting better all the time. Water temp needs to go up a little more and the flattheads will start biting.
    thanks
    Larry

2. nuthinlikeacat

nuthinlikeacat New Member

State:
    Eden Prairie, Minnesota
    Larry
    Heading out at all this weekend? I am planning on heading down to St Peter Friday to try for cats. The sandbar I usually fish off of is under about 8 ft of water, and the hole I fish into probably has 30+ ft of water in it now. It will be my first time out this year, so I hope all goes well for me.

3. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Larry

Way to go!!

4. The J-Man!

The J-Man! New Member

State:
    St.Paul, MN
    Nice going Larry, where were you on the MN river? I should be heading out on Sunday to test my luck, we'll see what happens.

5. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Fishing the lower end of the river. between 35w and where it dumps into the Mississippi.
    good luck.
    thanks
    Larry

6. dawo

dawo New Member

State:
    minnesota
    Hi Larry.
    I live in St Peter, right on the river, looking forward to a good yr. I have not caught a decent fish for a long time and I`m due..I bought myself a reel nice rig for myself Bday.I would like to get to know you, maybe fish with you...I have a very nice boat, I also have some knowledge...I`m 54 yrs old and been fishing a long time...started out on the Blue Earth river as a child...I`d ride my bike down there and drag home many pounds of carp......Mom would bury them in the garden..I was proud...Big laff right? I was learning, wrecked a lot of Dad`s stuff in the spokes of my bike....another big laff.....If you feel like it, contact me, I uploaded my prize cat, finally..I am very proud of it..that was 97, the night that Princess Di was killed.......remember where you were when you first heard about 911? Is that weird? you never ever forget....big fish come and go, but I`m due.......
    Best regards Dave

7. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Welcome aboard Dawo,
    As your probably discovering the BOC has alot to offer. Were glad you decided to participate with a winning team.
    I'm always up for gettting together with fellow fisherman to share good times, knowlege and makeing new friends.
    I also have a boat, and some knowlege.
    The season is just starting up, though the fishing is a little tougher with the high water. I'd think it would be awesome to try to get together, though I know that some of the other MN brothers would probably want in also. We've been toying with the idea of having a MN get together. Everyone with boats would transport to a shore location. I know that I would very much like to put some voices with the type and avatars.
    Congates on the Monster you were talking about. That is one story I and probably everyone else on BOC would love to hear.
    thanks
    Larry