Caught me a Hammerhead shark in Florida

Discussion in 'ALL OTHER FISH' started by Tulcat, Jun 19, 2006.

1. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

Well I just got back from a family vacation in Florida, where I caught me a Hammerhead shark while surf fishing. He sure put up a good fight, and was released back to fight another day.

Pictures are poor quality as the camera lense was fogged and the sun had not came up yet.

Attached Files:

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Great Job. Wow, thats neat.

3. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Jim: Nice job, looks like a good one, They are fun to catch and fight realy good. They always amase me, just looking at them makes you really think.
    I have cought some in the 4 to 5 hundred range and they are work. I understand they can get well over 1000 pounds, now that would scare me. LOL

Congrats

4. Fry Guy

Fry Guy New Member

State:
    Warrensburg Missouri
    Pretty shark. What did you catch it on.

5. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

I was fishing in the surf with dead squid. I hit the surf that morning at about 6AM and had the shark caught by 6:15. It took about 7 minutes to land.

6. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Nice fish,that must have been a blast. Glad to have you back on line.

7. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Man thats pretty sweet, i would love to go sahrk fishing sometime...Did you go by yourself or did you have a guide?

8. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

I was just fishing in the surf for anything that would bite, and was by myself that morning as the others decided to sleep in. I caught snook and ocean catfish too, but got lucky on my last day and caught the hammerhead.

The fishing for the first half of my trip was lousy as tropical storm Alberto raged through.

9. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Nice pics bro and congrats on the catch. Sounds like ya had a great time.

10. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

man alive thats a nice fish. you should have given him a big kiss for making your last day the best. :lol: :roll_eyes: I bet the others you were with wished they would have gotten out of bed too.

11. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    Thats a good fish Jim.

12. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    great fish Jim.

13. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    ah, yah, yah... we know...you caught it on BAIT. You was not snagging. Come on Jim, you were after spoonbills and the hammerhead got in the way. LOL

14. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    i've caught blacktips early morning on squid. THeres an alarm clock for everyone, standin there holding your pole and almost having it jerked out of your hands. I mainly just fish for sharks off the end of piers. we do alright average size is usually around 30 to 40 pounds

15. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    that is awesome lol i would love to catch a shark like that....hey im goin to florida on friday i'll prolly take a crack at it with my cousins