Caught me a bundle of flathead catfish last night on the White River..

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by whiteriverbigcats, May 9, 2007.

1. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Well the bite was on lastnight.. Been scouting this part of the White River for some time now.. Me and my brother in law got there about 9pm and set up. Within about 5 min my brother in law clicker was going crazy.. this fish was heading south the the boarder.. After about 4o feet this fish pulled out Tony ( brother in law ) set the hook... And anyone who has fished with Tony knows he couldnt catch a cold streaking through Alaska.. Well anyways, this went on a few times and i was having no luck.. Let me tell you about the area first.. Its in a huge bend in the river.. Im talking football field size or bigger.. And if you know the White River you know it dont get that big.. Well this paticular area had a huge shallow hole seemed it just went on forever... But man was it full of baitfish.. Well after about 30 mins or so i got my first bite on a Night crawler. 5 pound Channel.. i was thinking i can be ok with that.. and not 2 mins later my clicker was screaming like crazy.. Instantly set the hook and brought in a 5 pound flatty to match my channel... Within a few min hooked me about a 20 pound carp.. Then Tony slamed an 8 pound Flatty.. then my turn again with a 17 pound flatty... And then the night was topped off with about 5 more flatties and a 12oz. bait stealin channel... Didnt have the camera on me would have loved to have gotten some pics but the area is great i want to send a pic of it also.. Hope i can get to it in a couple of days.... But thats my staory and im sticking to it.....

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I think your little lady caught em and you are takeing all the credit. Now....fess up.

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Congrats on a great sounding night! Sounds like you've found a honey hole!

4. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Sounds like a great night.

I hope you get down there with the camera, I'd love to see a pic of the area.
    How deep is the hole? Average depth for the river?

5. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    I would say the area we was fishing lastnight was no more then 4 ft deep and as shallow as 8 inches..... Just a great area.. very big and right off of a huge bend in the river

6. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    No... she didnt go with me... but me and her are planning on making the Indiana Gathering next weekend....

7. sscreekchub91

sscreekchub91 New Member

State:
    indiana

thats a really big carp! what kind of bait were u using?

8. MNeffle

MNeffle New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Shane,

Glad to hear you got into "em" last night. Did you start getting bit before the rain hit, or was it during the rain. Maybe it didn't rain where you were fishing, but it was pouring down at my house. Hope you are able to get back on the fish in a couple of days.......................Mike:wink:

9. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN

Good to hear! Hope more people are planning on showing up!!! Maybe there will be a big flattie or two brought in. I heard some guys caught a 55 pounder monday night on Monroe.

10. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    Just Nightcrawler

11. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    It wasnt raining where we was but alot of lightning out west. but it never made it to us....

12. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    Sweet... I know of a good area where some big flattys have been caught near Paynetown