Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Neill from NW Arkansas
1,279 Posts
Wow, some mistake. What tackle did you catch it on. I'm assuming channel cat tackle might have felt a bit light. I was fishing for bait/bream a week ago and caught a 5lb largemouth on my little lightweight bluegill rod. Man, what a fight. I kept thinking, "This is going to be a state record bluegill!":ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Herbhome my channel tackle was the same rod and line I use targeting flatheads but with a smaller hook lol
Johnny dollar it was definitely a surprise I knew there were big stripers in this lake and even talked about trying to fish for them but couldn't find anyone local that had ever targeted and caught them to get any advice

·
Registered
224 Posts
Awesome fish!!! I live near Raystown lake in PA , it is slap full of stripers, I drive over there every Friday night and catch bait, then I drive 3 hours to flathead fish in the susquehanna lolol!!!!

Other than my bait adventures, I have fished the lake 3 times and caught exactly zero fish. I don't know what it is, but I just can't bring myself to put the time in to figure the stripers out!!!! I know they are a blast to catch, I'm sure I could get on them if I spent a little time chasing them....but I am hopelessly addicted to flatheads!!!

Every time I go over there I run into guys who are going out for stripers, they always give me the same perplexed look when I say I'm just there to catch bait......" You do whaaaat now? " lololol!!!!!

Every time I see a post like this I think "I gotta go give them stripers another shot"

Thank you for sharing, maybe I'll take the yak and go throw some plugs this weekend.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts