Caught A Flathead Catfish Tonight!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Mar 18, 2009.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well with the arriving storm system, I made it out for a few hours on the river this evening. The bite was slow, channels were hitting the chicken livers, threw livebait, and some fresh cuts.. Caught my first flathead of 09' on a gill head. Water temp. was 49.3 and the fish hit around 7pm. Not a big boy, but a healthy looking flathead..... Here is a picture.....rollo

Attached Files:

2. varmint_sniper

varmint_sniper New Member

State:
    OHIO
    Thax for the update rollo and congrads again on ur new arival keep up the good work iam going to take my girls out fri after some cats in the lake ill post on it when we return

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks, the lil guy is doing great! His jaundice is better, and he already starting to act ornry!!:eek:oooh: rollo

4. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Good to see you getting one! I cant wait for the bite to pick up:0a32:.

5. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Congrats Jason, see you should have joined the flathead tourney...:cool2:

6. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Jason, Congrats on your first flat of the year:smile2: Thanks for the pic and the storylooks like the flats are starting to turn on. Whoo Hoo:smile2::wink::smile2:

7. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    congrats on the first flattie of the year

8. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I missed the sign up date being in the hospital with the lil one... I need to get signed up for the fishoff still as well:wink:... Just have had soooo much going on lately etc.... rollo

9. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Getting out already?:crazy:

Congrats! Now you just made me move up my first flathead try up about 2 weeks.

10. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Way to start the season Jason!

11. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Wife has 8 weeks off from the birth of the boy.. She insisted I got out to do some fishing before I go back to work.. Probably be hitting the river some more soon... Wish we could have stayed longer this evening, but I wasn't gonna get soaked, and my buddy is sick with a sore throat already.. Plan on getting out again here in a few days. The flat didn't run with the bait. It simply load the rod and sat there doing what I call "fletching" it.. Pretty much what they do in late fall.... rollo

12. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Nice catch Jason, I was gonna go out this week but got called back to work. I heard the shelly asphalt plants in Col. were not going to open till April 20.

13. One Legged Josh

One Legged Josh New Member

State:
    Ohio
  14. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Had a safety meeting yesterday, sounds like the road crews are gonna have some good work this year.. Not sure about the plants and when they will open. I'm sure it will be based on the the work in the areas for each.. Im ready to go back, its been a long winter!!! rollo

15. westvirginiacatfish

westvirginiacatfish New Member

State:
    Ronceverte
    Congrats on your first flattie of the year.:cool2::cool2:

16. Joey6500

Joey6500 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    You suck!!! Hope I can match that this weekend!!!!

17. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Congrats on your 1st flat of the year. Still looking for mine. Nice to know they're starting to bite. Just a matter of time now...

18. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    They are moving folks, not real aggressive feeders, but will take a bait. This fish was caught at the head of a hole in about 8 foot of water. It didn't hit hard or run, it loaded the rod up and moreless sat there and ate it! I let him have the bait until I was sure he was there...rollo

19. bigcatman

bigcatman New Member

State:
    Ashville, Ohio
    congrats on the flathead good to see they are starting hit again.

20. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    congrats on the first one of the year jason, i hope to get time to get out soon, good to hear yer little one is doing better, hope to see you sunday