caught a few

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA RIVERS TALK' started by gottagetabigun, May 31, 2008.

1. gottagetabigun

gottagetabigun New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    my buddy and i fished the nav channel fri 10:00am to sat 8:00am caught 20. nothing of any real size. 2 to 5 lbs. one flathead that might of weighed 12. the fish were hitting hard. when you got a bite the rod tip headed towards the water. its fun when they hit like that. only caught one female so i'm thinking the bigger ones are in the holes. maybe wrong but the noodlers can tell us that. when the nav channel is this high it limits the places you can fish so the jury is still out whether they are in full spawn or not.

2. swampratt

swampratt Member

State:
    oklahoma
    where did you fish? were the boat ramps open?

And congrats on the catch

3. gottagetabigun

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    we fished between 412 landing(rogers point)and afton landing(hwy51). no problems with the ramps.

4. Steven Armstrong

Steven Armstrong New Member

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    we juged fished on kerr today and caught 9 keepers, caught them 9:30 to 11:00am after that all we caught were dinks, nothing of any size 3 to 4lb. range. kerr was at normal level but they were flowing 131,00 cfps we had a hard time keeping up with our jugs, but we still had a lot of fun, it sure beat sitting at home if you know what i mean!:big_smile:

5. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Hey Randy, Steve, where were you guys??? We missed seeing you at the Keystone gathering this weekend. The Nav channel isn't that far from Keystone.

6. Steven Armstrong

Steven Armstrong New Member

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    i`m glad you had a good time and i`m sorry i couldn`t come :embarassed: but with gas near $4.00 a gal i just didn`t have them extra pocket money to make the drive from sallisaw, with things the way they are and getting higher maybe we on the east end could meet a little closer to our end of the state ,like eufaula on one of the i-40 ramps

7. fox9988

fox9988 Member

State:
    Lincoln,NW Arkansas
    Name:
    Forrest
    I had about the same luck on Webbers Falls tail water.When we started hearing thunder the bite turned off.:angry:

8. gottagetabigun

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    i'm with steve on this one. plus just not enough time in the weekend. sorry.

9. lonnie84

lonnie84 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma

412 landing, is that the old 33 landing at Johnston’s Port 33 ?? If so that's just a few miles from the house.

10. gottagetabigun

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    that is the place.

11. lonnie84

lonnie84 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    That spot always looked a little rough down there, I went down a few times and there seemed to be a lot of "party heads" and "roudies" down there. I was concerned about going out in the boat and leaving truck behind.

12. gottagetabigun

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    if you want to launch there you need two people who can drive. launch your boat and have someone drive your vehicle over to johnson port and park. drive your boat across the river and pick them up. i don't put in there. we use too but its a little farther for me. there use to be several men that would hang out there looking for other men. don't know if it still goes on but it did. afton landing(on hwy 51) or bluff landing(east of broken arrow)has campgrounds with safe parking.

13. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    My good friend lives about 5 minutes from 33 landing. He and I have put in 33landing hundreds of times. During the last 10 years my buddy has had truck broken into 3 times. They have busted out a side window to see what they could steal. The only times that this has happened has been when we have camped and left the truck at the ramp all night long/overnight. I think it's been 4 years since somebody has messed with his truck. We might come back late at night but we don't leave a truck at the ramp all night long anymore. There some queer folk that park at the top of the hill but they never bother us and we not looking for that stuff so it's never been a issue. I haven't been on the navagtion channel at all this year...been to busy with work.:embarassed: I might not make it out again till deer season. We do a lot of hunting on public land there on the channel.

14. lonnie84

lonnie84 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thanks for the update guys, I kind of suspected something like that down there.