Caught a few this week

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by grizzly, Nov 5, 2006.

1. grizzly

grizzly New Member

State:
    Griffithville, Arkansas
    Ran trotlines off and on this week and caught 6 flatheads from 5 to 12lbs, several channels and a few blues. None of the flatheads had anything in their stomachs, but the channels were packed full of crawdads to the point of being grossly pot bellied, but they still hit the goldfish I was useing. grizzly

2. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    sounds like a good week fishing,im glad you caught some fish.thx for posting.

3. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas

Brian,

Sounds like you did very well my friend. I love to put out trot lines too. You never know whats gonna be on there when you run them lines. Ain't nothing more fun than to start to run those lines and feel that hard tug somewhere down your line...

4. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Congrats on the catch Bro:006:

5. rushryder

rushryder New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Went fishing today below the Dardanelle dam. We only caught 5, but I'm hoping it will pick up tommrow. You've gotta take advantage of this 75 degree November weather.

6. boliver

boliver New Member

State:
    Rudy Ark
    how much weight did you use to keep line in the water.i went below l&d 13 and at 35 cfs with 8 oz. claw sinker it was washing my line up nest to the bank.i saw tonight they had slowed it down.lol boliver

7. rushryder

rushryder New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    We were in a boat so I was using a 2oz. We went again today and caught 7. Nothing huge but they were all nice fish 3 to 5 pounds. Going again tommrow. Today they shut all the water off so I'm not sure how we'll do. But hey it's gonna be 82 degrees so we gotta give it a shot.