Caught a few catfish this weekend.

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by catfishjohn, Jul 30, 2007.

1. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I left out Friday about 5am and went to a few different places and finally got back about 4am this morning. I'm wore out!!!
    I ended up catching several flatties with the biggest one at 15.5lbs(avatar) and several channels(1-6lbs) and a couple blues(11.8lbs biggest).
    The cool thing was I got to try out Akwolf's Kat-Bobbers and glowsticks. I caught the big flattie and several other fish using them.
    Not a bad weekend but staying up for 50 hours straight was and is a little rough!!! :crazy::eek:oooh::smile2: I hope to get back out once I recover from this trip!!!:big_smile:

2. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Go John! The new avatar looks good! :cool2:

3. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Congrats John! sounds like u had a good time.

4. catfish chaser

catfish chaser New Member

State:
    miamisburg, oh
    Thats a really long weekend, butsounds like you landed some nice fish!

5. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Man you had me worried.I hadn't seen you on here for a bit now I know why.Out catching all those nice fish.Just don't go out there and overdo yourself.Good to see your getting well enough to be able to go out and enjoy the fishing once again.Nice Avaitor picture. Now go catch a bigger one.

6. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Looks like you had a great weekend John. Some nice fish too. Bet that flathead was a fight to remember. Thanks for sharing the details of your trip with us!

7. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Way to go John. Glad to see your out and about fishin!!

8. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Thank You all!!! It was a good weekend overall. That flattie fought like a 20+ pounder. I was surprised when it only weighed 15.5. I forgot to mention that all fish were released to fight another day. :wink::cool2::big_smile:
    I don't think i'll be going fishing that long for a long time. I'm still recuperating from it. I think every muscle is stiff and sore. Its all good though,I go see my new Dr next Monday! :big_smile: Hopefully he'll get me fixed so I can get out more often.
    BTW, I realized that 11.8lb Blue was my biggest yet. The flattie was the biggest one of the year. Why couldn't I have caught them during the fishoff??? :roll_eyes::sad2::big_smile::smile2:

9. Cattledogz

Cattledogz New Member

State:
    NC
    Wow John, sounds like you have really, really improved. That is awesome! I am so happy for you that you are able to get out and enjoy catching bigger fish again!

Whatever is working to make you get better, keep it up brother!

Thanks for sharing the nice pics. :big_smile:

10. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    That's dedication to fish that hard. Sounds like it payed off for ya though. Hope you can start getting out more often. Thanks for the report.

11. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Glad to here you had so good of a weekend ,and caught some great fish .

12. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    good catch brother.

13. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Good to see your able to do some serious fishing John, nice looking flattie!!!

14. neal

neal New Member

State:
    ky.
    John,glad you had a good fishing trip.