Caught a couple Trout

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by Pennsylvaniacatchaser, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I couldn't decide which activity to pursue after work today! I hit the Allegheny River yesterday and it was a mess with high, muddy water. So it was between archery deer hunting and Trout fishing my local stream which got stocked today. I hit the stream and caught 2 real nice Rainbow Trout both around 14" and 6 Smallmouth Bass all between 6" - 10". I also hooked and lost a real big Trout, a breeder size that looked to be around 20". It was nice to do some Trout angling again, havn't done any for a couple months.

2. pylodictis

pylodictis New Member

State:
    pennsylvania
    i went for trout today, too. me and my neighbor caught about 15 each, kept three. miller's creek out past cecil. they put in about 400 fish, all of them over 12 inches. they were nice and thick, too. it was a good day.

3. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Brian - Welcome to The B.O.C.!:0a25: Always nice to get a new Pa. member! Yes I enjoyed catching a couple of Trout today, sounds like you did also!

4. serb

serb New Member

State:
    Drexel Hill, PA
    High muddy water gives me a smile... did you not try for any cats?

5. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    That's awesome Brother! I just love it when I'm trout fishing and a Smallie grabs my line...Man can them lil' guys put up a fight...especially on trout gear! Sounds like you had a blast. Congrats!

6. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Scott,

Lived in PA for 9 years, I still have never caught a trout!!!

7. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Blacky - Where do you live? I'll take you to my Trout stream and get you on the Trout scoreboard!!!

8. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    I'm jealous.. since I moved down here to NC I have not trout fished...I used to love wading the small streams and creeks in beaver county catching trout...lots of fun...congrats on your catch