Caught a Bass Yesterday

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by nathan8372, Nov 14, 2006.

1. nathan8372

nathan8372 New Member

State:
    South Texas
    Hey guy's,

I was baiting my trot lines this morning with live gold fish. I baited one of the hooks and moved down the line about 3 feet when I heard a splash and suddenly my line started to tug. I went back to the hook and there was a little large mouth!

I will be sending a pic later tonight.

Also a few months ago I caught a Crappie on the same line near the stump but the turtles stripped every ounce of meat there was on him - just a fish head was left, at least it wasnt a turtle head..no pun intended! haahaa

2. nathan8372

nathan8372 New Member

State:
    South Texas
    Here is the picture of the little largemouth I caught.

Attached Files:

3. CatswithBats

CatswithBats New Member

State:
    Cali
    Nice size a cuple pounds. So howd you set up this gold fish?

4. nathan8372

nathan8372 New Member

State:
    South Texas
    Well I am fishing for catfish, not bass. I have a 5/0 hook on a staging about 14 or so inches long. I hook the goldfish right in the eye and toss em back in the water.

The bass was released.

5. heavyduty

heavyduty New Member

State:
    Grand Gulf,MS
    back when i was a little kid me and a friend put out some trotlines for the first time and the first fish we caught on the trotlines was a bass:big_smile:

6. nathan8372

nathan8372 New Member

State:
    South Texas
    Thats weird huh, most people don't associate bass or crappie with a trot line but it happens.

7. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Getting off the subject but a couple yrs ago running limb lines we had a water mocassin was half way up on our blue gill when we checked lines.didnt care to run that line but my brother pulled the snake off.