Caught a 75 pounder???

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by chuck7700, Jul 19, 2007.

1. chuck7700

chuck7700 New Member

State:
    Coppell, TX.
    I was trying to fish one of the local ponds in town using Danny Kings garlic bait. I had my fishing partner with me (Spook). Shes my Staffordshire Bull Terrier.:big_smile:. I had one of my trebble hooks baited and was in the process of sticking the other #2 trebble hook in the container when I felt my line tugging. My silly dog ate the bait :embarassed: and had the trebble hook lodged in the back part of her throat.:cry:. There was an older man fishing there also and he burned the line that was connected to the hook with the cigar he was smoking. We haulded butt to my vet. They told me it would be at least an hour befor the vet arrived. My poor little girl was gagging and spitting up blood. I finally drove about 10 miles to this 24 hour emergency vet just crying like a little baby and they taken my dog to the back for surgery. Well, she had on barb in her tounge, one barb lodged in the back of her throat and the third one in the side of her mouth. Ater three hours and a $400.00 bill. They brought her to me:smile2:. Now she has stiches in 3 places in her mouth. Thank goodness she was okay. Well I never caught any cat fish. But I know now she like the taste of Danny Kings garlic bait. So thats how I caught a 74 pounder.

2. oldgrowler

oldgrowler New Member

State:
    Mannford, Oklahoma
    Sure glad she's okay. Who would have thought any animal would like stink bait....:eek:oooh:

3. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    dogs will eat things that will kill humans.im glads your dog is ok.thanks for poasting this it may keep some one else from letting it happend to them.tks.again

4. The J-Man!

The J-Man! New Member

State:
    St.Paul, MN
    Thank God Spook was ok. That must have been really scary for you (her also). The imagery gives me the willies just thinking about it. Keep us posted on her recovery.

5. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Chuck, that dog is lucky to have YOU as her owner!

Michael Vic would have electrocuted the dog...

6. chuck7700

chuck7700 New Member

State:
    Coppell, TX.
    thanks for your post wishing my little girl a speedy recovery. Actually shes acting like nothing happened. Shes readt to go fishing again. I have to feed her soft food for a week or so until the stiches disolve and her cuts heal. Thanks again.

7. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Beautiful dog, and I'm glad she's OK!!! Musta been traumatic for her. Maybe she'll stay away from stink bait from now on...but maybe not.:eek:oooh:

8. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    i think dogs and catfish share a love for stinkbait lol most of our dogs will get right next to me and try to sneak some of it when we use it yuck!!! if it tastes like it smells no wonder they lick their butt!! its to get the taste outta there mouth double GROSS!!!!!! lol
    seriously though i am glad the dog is ok and i hope you are going to keep fishing, i know there was trauma for the both of you! :crazy:
    that is one way to catch a 74 lb-er though just not worthy of bragging rights lol :smile2:

9. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Glad your dog is OK. I know that's scary. My English Setter tried to eat a Rapala once, and found it hard to swallow!

10. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    thanks for the post im glad your dog is doing ok

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Chuck thats an interesting story. I'm glad it had a good ending. Sorry to hear about the dog. I woukd have been just as excitied.:sad2::sad2:

12. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Im glad that she is okay, i have an American Pitbull Terrier that looks almost just like your dog, I would be crying all the way to the vet if that happened to me also, Im just glad you got her taken care of

13. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    well I am glad that she is OK. I bet that was scary

14. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Chuck - Glad your dog is OK! That sounds like something my Black Lab would have done!:eek:oooh:

15. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Glad your puppy is doing OK.