Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Caught a 16 lber on a live mouse in the daytime.

6K views 74 replies 31 participants last post by  TheRiverRat 
#1 ·
The girls called me out to the bathroom at work this morning and there was a mouse swimming around in the commode. I had a brilliant idea after reading Flatheads post on some of his methods. I have a spot that I go to during the day sometimes at lunch. So I have this little sqeaker in my bait net and had some string that I tied aound his middle.... that's another story. I tossed him out about 5 feet and he went downstream into a snag, and as he was strugglin to try to climb up he was hit.... flat jumped out of my shoes.

Will post pics later.

#4 ·
The girls called me out to the bathroom at work this morning and there was a mouse swimming around in the commode. I had a brilliant idea after reading Flatheads post on some of his methods. I have a spot that I go to during the day sometimes at lunch. So I have this little sqeaker in my bait net and had some string that I tied aound his middle.... that's another story. I tossed him out about 5 feet and he went downstream into a snag, and as he was strugglin to try to climb up he was hit.... flat jumped out of my shoes.

Will post pics later.
my concern has to do with the string tied around the middle statement.... please tell us there wasn't an aditional small bouy involved!!:wink::roll_eyes::eek:oooh::crazy: ....rollo

#5 ·
my concern has to do with the string tied around the middle statement.... please tell us there wasn't an aditional small bouy involved!!:wink::roll_eyes::eek:oooh::crazy: ....rollo
I don't do anything with small buoys! I am a Democrat!

Seiously it was a challenge. I had some regular twine and with him thrashing around in the net I kinda got a little chokehold on his neck. Those little mice can be wiggly. I tied him to my 8/0 Gamakatsu Circle hook.

When that Flattie hit, he hit it hard and like to scared me to death! The whole scene played out in about 10 minutes.

It was a great lunch!

#6 ·
I don't do anything with small buoys! I am a Democrat!

Seiously it was a challenge. I had some regular twine and with him thrashing around in the net I kinda got a little chokehold on his neck. Those little mice can be wiggly. I tied him to my 8/0 Gamakatsu Circle hook.

When that Flattie hit, he hit it hard and like to scared me to death! The whole scene played out in about 10 minutes.

It was a great lunch!
well, i shouldn't even ask this.... but i have to for sake of this thread and your democratic stance....... when he was hogded tied!!!!!! he wasn't bloody was he:embarassed: ??????? rollo

#10 ·
Hey Rollo,I'm thinkin that flathead liked that little pink dress Shawn made that mouse wear, LOL.
i just can't imagine what that lil thing went through!!! can you imagine..... fallin in..... seeing a beautiful female walk in to save you..... then it gets dark!!:smile2: then floatation deployed:roll_eyes:.. daylight, again!!!.....still hangin' on by a string! ATLAST!!!!! A MALE!!!!... he saves me with a net, and ties the damn same thing to me that I don't need to hang on to anymore! like i was already strapped enough.....now i suffer....:roll_eyes: rollo

#14 ·
Shawn .... Your fellow Liberals from PETA will be contacting you in the morning about your cruelty to animals ... they said something about picketing your car lot .... :wink: ... Garry-

#15 ·
Ok, now I have to ask a couple of questions. That little mouse didnt have a dog with hime did he? When was the last time you were at Disneyworld? Did it have on funny shoes? Was there a female mouse in his presense? Did he have larger ears than normal for a mouse.

I use to use mice bass fishing ponds. I would catch them in the feed barn, in a 5 gallon bucket. They were doing to do the deep 6 anyway, so this just ended their misery quicker. I would take and throw out pretty good logs around the pond then take one with and toss one about 2 feet from the log and let him swim up log.

But I swear, I never put a chasity belt on one.......or dressed one up in a pink outfit.......

#18 ·
I learned about mice for bait when i was a kid. A buddy and I were wading around a pond behind my house and we found a beaver hut. being brats we climbed on top of it and started jumping around trying to piss the beavers off and make them come out. suddenly a nest of mice hit the water and started swimming. I was content with watching them swim across this pond when all of the sudden one of the biggest bass I've seen to this date boiled the water and swallowed some of the mice. since then when I find mice in dog food, buckets, etc, etc, I'll use them for bait. I've caught a few cats on them too. never anything over 10 pounds though. one thing about fishing the river with them. Gar Love them too !!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.