Caught 2 blue catfish in 11 minutes on this bait -never tried this before

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by timbo, Jun 5, 2006.

1. timbo

timbo New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Well today i took my rod and reel to work and forgot my bait ,so I could not fish at lunch time,,I work at Hatteras Yacht's on the trent river in New Bern NC. So a lady at work asked me if i wanted to try her peanut butter sandwich and I did (((((((((GUESS WHAT ))))))))) (((2)) CATS IN ABOUT 11 MIN,,,,,BLUE CATS AND SOME GOOD BITES BUT RAN OUT OF SANDWICH,,,HAS ANY ONE EVER TRYED THIS???????????????timbo

2. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    can't Say That I Have. However I Have Heard Of Pb For Bait. Just Might Have To Give It A Try. One Question How Do You Keep It On The Hook?

3. timbo

timbo New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    hi jOHN I JUST SQUISHED IT TOGETHER ON THE HOOK AND DID NOT MOVE IT LAYED ROD DOWN AND NO LIE ((((bam))) NEVER THOUGHT IF THIS. MY WIFE LOVES TO EAT BLUE CATS SO SHE IS GOING TO SEND PEANUTBUTTER SANDWICHES TO WORK WITH ME Thanks Timbo

4. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    I haven't tryed a peanut butter sandwich for bait. If i caught them like that.I would carry me a sack Full the next time
    A friend of mine said he caught one on a roastbeef sandwich one time. I guess a catfish will eat just about anything. Finding out what their hungry for is the question.

5. tkbiker

tkbiker New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Packing for the trip would be easy ..
    One sandwich for the fish one for me ..one for the fish one for me.

I used to fish with a guy that fished for carp all the time and he would eat is "special" carp bait he made... I could never do it..LOL.
    As far as i see it its " whatever works"!
    Todd

6. liveforcattin08

liveforcattin08 New Member

State:
    ohio
    they alos are very fond of wendys french fries! i had a bobber 7 ft. of line with no weight a small cricle hook and teo french fries and caught several nice channels. i was trying for carp

7. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    ill have to try that for channels this year. its too early for stinkbait and i gotta catch some cats soon! well i give my tips to that lady who gave you the bait!:confused2:

8. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

I've never tried this, but considering the fact that there are always at least two big jars of peanut butter at my house, I probably ought to start! I have a cousin's lake house all next week, so I'll give it a shot and let you know what happens.

9. george

george New Member

State:
    wisconsin
    i havent used that before but have used so far this year worms and liver and red worms and catfish on the rockriver in beloit like regular nightcrawlers:big_smile:

10. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Hey, if cats are like me, the will eat anything when hungry:wink:

11. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Ill bet it's the peanut oil in the peanut butter that attracted the cats. The bread would act as a binder to keep the peanut butter on the hook. You may have discovered a new (well maybe new) easily obatined bait.

12. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    wow... that seems like its a secret bait for your river.... any size to the blues?

13. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Is there anything these fish wont eat?

14. timbo

timbo New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    i cant seem to post fish so i put the one i caught today at lunch time on my profile photo THANKS TIMBO

15. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    and to add to that i love pb&j sandwiches and a glass of milk,maybe you could dip it in milk after you get the sandwich on the hook:lol:

16. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    That would then be "dip bait". :LOL:big_smile: :big_smile:

17. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    That one in your pic is one you caught on PB sandwich? jeez... next tourny i know what i've got for bait and lunch lol...

now my question is was it caught on just plain peanut butter sandwich or was it a PB&J?? if so what kind of jelly?

18. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I understand that if you dip the sandwich in Crown, the fish are a little easier to reel up.

19. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    ok ok i'll ask...chunky or smooth????lol

20. Dragger

Dragger New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    What is the best? creamy-smooth,or crunchy........