Cattracker Shad Dip Bait

Discussion in 'Fishing Bait Review' started by Philiagorillia, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Philiagorillia

Philiagorillia New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Used it today for the first time and put it up against sonnys blood bait, it held its ground pretty well against sonnys, both produced constant bites and both caught the same amount of fish. I'd say its good stuff in my book...

2. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I have like five flavors and only wicky sticky seems to work.

3. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I have about 3 containers different flavors. Only tried them sparingly did not produce any results... I think one dink...The channel cats around here don't seem to fond of dip baits...Will have to bring it out and try it again....What flavor did you use...

4. Philiagorillia

State:
    Missouri
    I was using the shad dip bait, i have several of thier other ones just havent gotten to give them a try yet.

5. Philiagorillia

State:
    Missouri

Well i have noticed that the dip baits only work for me in the early morning hours and the late evening hours right before the sun sets. Midday i get nothing usually.

6. Stubby

Stubby New Member

State:
    Kansas, Ar
    I personally don't care for the sonnys blood type but i'v got 15 gallon of the regular Sonnys super sticky mixed with 25% ( 2 gallon per 5 gallon) added ground shad ageing in the shed. Sara and I go thru about 5 gallon a summer. I learned to net shad just so i could get a stronger shad mix in the bait. I use my own brand of dip worms and the worms do make a difference

7. Philiagorillia

State:
    Missouri
    If you dont mind me asking, how exactly do you make it with the shad? Do you just blend them up whole in an old blender and mix it in with the sonnys regular formula?

8. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    For dip baits, I have always had the best results using Sonny's original. I've used Cat Tracker dip baits with mediocre results. I believe I used the Cat Tracker Sewer bait. But hands down Sonny's out numbers the catches for me. I also like using Catfish Charlie sometimes. I ususally take 3 or 4 different brands with me to experiment. I will use the Cat Tracker tubie worms in different colors with the stink bait. This year I'm going to try the looper rigs. I've heard great comments on them.:0a26::0a18: