Cattracker Dip Baits

Discussion in 'Fishing Bait Review' started by ASASIN, Aug 25, 2005.

1. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    Anyone else besides me catch the "Fire" out of catfish on Jo Jo's Pole Snatcher or Wicked Sticky or any other Cattracker bait for that matter? God bless.

2. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Asasin,

Yea - I have been using the "Wicked Stickey" for years and it has been a winner in my book. :D

Attached Files:

3. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I never really used to much of that. How are you guys rigging for the dip/dough bait?

4. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Desperado,

I just use a sliding-sinker set-up (Carolina-Rig). :D

Take It Easy,
    Bert :cool:

5. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    Yep, what Bert said. When fishing in lakes/reservoirs I use a half ounce sinker with a #7 swivel. I use 8 lb. test with a 7' ultralight that I use for crappie/bream fishing. A #2 circle hook usually works the best for me with a ringed rubber worm or tubing. I absolutely love the looper rigs, but I use WAY too much bait and as much as I catfish it gets awful expensive using that much bait. I went through 3 gallons in less than a month using the looper rig!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!! Caught ALOT of fish, but at $60 some odd dollars for 3 gallons it's expensive, especially with gas prices the way they are!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!! God bless.

6. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    Thanks, I'm going to give it a try. Thought about put it under a float and drifting it?

7. loop

loop New Member

State:
    Newkirk,Oklahom
    If your worried about using to much bait on those rigs cut them in half they will still work.
    Vince Copple of Team Wiskers said thats what de does.
    Loop

8. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :0a27:
    That sounds like a good idea. There are some areas that I fish that my be good to drift-fish it under a float. I just have to remember to use a float big enough to use with dip-bait. :eek:

Hey Loop,

That sounds like a good idea, (to cut them in half) - I'll think that I'll try that one.

Take It Easy,
    Bert :cool:

9. Stubby

Stubby New Member

State:
    Kansas, Ar
    ASASIN, I thought , where is He gettin' dip bait at 20.00 per gallon but then I thought, I'm gettin Sonnys or Harths at $90.00 for five gallon so I guess that about add up. Only trouble is theres only about 4 gallon in the 5 gallon bucket. Don't matter tho because I stir a gallon of ground shad in with the bait. You're right about going thru the bait fast. But think how much fun We're havin'
    Carl--only 10 miles from Loops home town
    been run off from Newkirk many times when I was a Kid!!!

10. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    WOW, thats a lot of bait. I was thinking about 5-6 tubs was alot....lol

11. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    I know what your saying Loop, but I've done that and still used WAY too much bait. I have now went to using a piece of rubber worm less about one inch in length!!!!!!!!!LOL!!!!!!!! Not to sound better than everyone else, but I guess you guys don't really understand what I'm saying when I'm talking about huge numbers of catfish like I am and fishing EVERY day, and some days with as many as 4 other people. Conserving bait takes every effort you can attempt!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! Come and spend a day with the ol' ASASIN and I'll show you what I mean by using some bait. LOL!!!!!!!!!! It'll blow your mind what you'll experience. I will be leaving soon, so you've got until about mid-September. God bless.

12. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    Went last night during a storm and it took awhile for them to start biting. Worst night of fishing so far. Only fished for 2 hours and caught 27. I was gone and didn't get to chum for 3 days and it seemed to make a HUGE difference this day. We should tear 'em up today, though. God bless.

13. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    Fishing picked up a little today, not alot better than yesterday, but managed 42 fish in 2 hours. Not sure what took them so long to start biting, but I'm thinking it was going that long without chumming. They should bite great tomorrow. God bless.

14. loop

loop New Member

State:
    Newkirk,Oklahom
    Stubby you need to drop in to say hi. I work at Lowe's in the Power Equipment Lawn an Garden.Maybe get together an wet a line since your so close.
    Loop

15. Stubby

Stubby New Member

State:
    Kansas, Ar
    Sounds like a good idea Loop. I'll stop by the store. I went down to Kaw (Washunga) yesterday and rode around taking pictures while the lake was down. Stayed to long and got My end chewed by Sara, she was worried.
    Got some good pictures but run out of chip in the camera before I got what I really wanted. Pictures of the stump area 1/4 mile East of boat ramp on the North side, right at the curve going North.
    See Ya!
    Carl

16. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    Fishing really picked up today. Caught 94 in 2 1/2 hours. God bless.

17. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    Yesterday I did very well on catfish. Fish were biting VERY light. Had to pay attention and fish a tight line to feel any of the bites. My friend was having trouble hooking up on the light biters, but he was using a rod that wasn't very sensitive. Caught 57 catfish in an hour 42 of them were mine. Going to take my dad fishing this evening, can't wait for him to experience it!!!!!!!!!! God bless.

18. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    If you're fishing with an ultra light, then it probably takes 42 to make a meal, huh?

19. Pferox69

Pferox69 New Member

State:
    Bartow, Florida
    42 in an hour, that is less than 1 1/2 minutes a piece, must be usin a cane pole. ;)

Last time I caught 42 eaters, it took me half a day, and I was pretty buisy, don't think I even sat down for a breather that day. I had 3 rods with me and couldn't get 2 lines in the water at a time

Then mine were runnin 3 to 8 lbs a piece.

Thats been a couple of months ago and we are still eatin on those cats.

20. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    Believe it or not, they are hitting slow right now. LOL!!!!!! Back in June I caught over 480 fish in 8 1/2 hours!!!!!!!!!! Biggest fish at this spot this year has been 5 lbs. 2 ounces. Most fish are right around a pound apiece. Nothing like catching catfish on 7 foot ultralite rods!!!!!!!!!! They have ALOT of fighting power in them for being ultralites as well. I have been using the new Cabela's Titanium 702-2 rod and love it!!!!!!!!!! I just reel the fish in super fast, clip the bottom fin and release. Using circle hooks you can pop the hook right out of their mouth and release them quickly. Get your tube/worm baited quick and throw out. Casting out about 25 feet from shore, so it's quick catching and releasing. You could sit there as long as you want and catch catfish until you're drained there's that many in the area!!!!!!!!! It is an amazing sight to witness and one of those you've got to be there to believe it kind of places. God bless.