Cattoo's UFC Talk

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by Cattoo, Dec 22, 2007.

1. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    any UFC fans out there?

2. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Yes sir, gettin ready for next sat. The axemurder vs. ice man, pretty tuff call.I like both fighters so dosen't matter who wins.

3. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Yup, a little anyways. I get to pumped up watching it, makes me break out. Break out windows, teeth. LOL.

4. reeftank

reeftank New Member

State:
    iowa bettendorf
    oh yes love it have for years

5. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    i use to be when it first started no wieght classes no rounds no rules ect. 2 men enter 1 man wins wether it took 5 seconds or 45 minutes. what happend to headbutts, elbows and the real fighting stuff ?????

6. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    o ya tank abbot was one of my favorites and the gracies.

7. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ill be renting the ufc on the 29th as well. man i like ol chuck. wish him luck. he may need it. not been on his game latly.

8. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    How long has this UFC section been here?!?!?! This is the first I've seen it!!! I'm a huge UFC fan. I watch ever PPV and ultimate fighter show. Me and my wife made it to the UFC PPV with Tim Silvia and Randy Couture. That was one of the best times of my life. We were able to sneak back stage during the weigh-ins. We got everyones autograph that weekend. Including a few of the pride guys.
    I'll be watching the fight on the 29th. To bad Serra's out. I really wanted to see Hughes and Serra get after it. And we finally get to see Liddell and Silva!!! That will be a great fight. My moneys' on Silva.
    Anyways... Glad to finally find the UFC section here. Again, how long has it been here???

9. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Oh, it matters who wins alright. 3 losses in a row for Chuck would be devistating IMO. Dana will be like...I pay him what? For why? Possible carreer ender in my opinion. A fighter is only as god as his last fight. I wish Chuck all the best. I honestly hope he wins, but I wouldn't bet money on it.

10. catfeveriowa

catfeveriowa New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs Iowa
    Love the UFC. I really liked the Forrest/Bonnar fight, still replay that one now and then. I think the 2008 show with Rampage and Forrest as coaches might be pretty entertaining.

11. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Yea, I'm glad to find this section also. The wife and I both love watching it !!

I'm not sure if I will get to see the fight : ( but I sure do wish Chuck luck. I wouldn't put my money on him either, he just don't look the same anymore. He needs this win bad, I think the losses have taken their toll.

And Hughes, well, he has that same look, he better win soon also. This year had a lot of belt changes, most I don't like but that's the way it goes.

I will be looking forward to reading your posts guy's , that's for sure.

-Jim-

12. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i remember watching ufc #2 where big john MCarthey MADE HIS OCTAGON debuet as a ref.

13. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    I do remember big john big opener mustach and all. As me is doesn't matter who wins? Its only because I have them come up from first televised fights and like both fighters. Ido wish chuck a turn around in his carrer but also silva coming over to the UFC again.

sorry KAT IN THE HAT:eek:oooh:

14. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    glad to see so many fans out there. i had tried opening a forum for the UFC a little while back and something happened to it. it never would come up so i tried again the other day and it worked this time! anyway, i am a HUGE UFC fan and have been since day one. i feel privileged to have seen this sport evolve from its inception to what it has become today, the fastest growing sport on the planet! i too cannot wait to see chuck and wanderlai get it on next week! i have never seen silva fight but i have seen some highlights and he looks like one mean s.o.b.! i still got to root for my boy chuck. i also think st. piere is going to clobber hughes again! should be a good fight though.

15. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    The reason Hughes lost to St.Peirre last time is he had it in his mind he needed to knock someone out. He tried to stand up with him. Very bad move!!! St.Peirre is not the guy you want to try that with. Hughes is supposed to come out to this fight as his old self. I wanna see him pick someone up and slam them in his corner again. Just like old times. He got over the idea of needing to knock someone out. I think he learned he's not a boxer. He's an OX!

And Wanderlei is one bad mofo. I'm pretty confident he's going to win this one over Chuck. I like Chuck, but he sure hasn't been himself lately.
    Then again, I thought CroCop was going to come out and kick Gonzaga in the head. I KNOW, nobody was expecting to see it the other way around!! :crazy:

16. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    But didn't Hughes attempt to take GSP to the ground repeatedly with no luck? I thought the reason GSP won was because his jitters, and respect for Hughes wore off. I'm not a GSP fan, but I think he's a better athelete, and more technical fighter. Will be a good fight either way. I will be rooting for Hughes for sure.

17. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    UFC fan here. Will be rooting for Hughes. Don't buy pay per view, watch the reruns on Spike. BJ Penn is probably my all time favorite. Q R Jackson, close second.

18. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    I like Rampage too.. He is one funny MOFO!! He's sure to make the next ultimate fighter a good one. :smile2:

19. Moonlightn

Moonlightn New Member

State:
    California
    O'yah! Catfish and MMA all on one forum! Who could ask for any more than that? I think that if I had to name a favorite it would have to be Bas Rutten. Although I have been a Silva fan since way back as well. I like to watch a good fight between a couple of sportsmen as well as the next man. But there is just something about watching two guys really try and hurt one another. And that is what Silva is going to bring. I respect Liddel and I truly hope he is prepared for this one. I say if Liddel wins it is due to K.O (since he has the record for freak K.O's in my book) and if Silva wins it will more than likely be due to ref. stoppage. It seem that an arm bar is an automatic stoppage anymore. No matter how deep or technical it is. Nothing gets me fired up like watching a ref. stop a fight prematurely. I understand that they are there to protect the fighter but come on. And one more thing A DRAW! Shouldn't that bring on an extra round. Who wants to pay $50 to watch a fight end in a draw!!
    Anyway thanks to all who have made it this far!!!
    Ron

20. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    isnt forrest griffin fighting the 29Th too?