Cattin toon gettin close!

Discussion in 'Boat Modification Journal' started by vfourmax, Apr 19, 2008.

1. vfourmax

vfourmax New Member

State:
    Va
    Well now the weather is FINALLY breakin been able to get to really workin on the toon I picked up a few months ago. Boat is a '94 Sun Tracker Party Barge 21 with a '94 Johnson 60 hp on an '07 bunk trailer.

Typical pontoon the furniture was sun baked with cracked vinyl and the carpet is faded but the boat and decking is in great shape and the furniture being such an eyesore let me pick it up for a great price. Of course the first thing I did was trash the furniture with the exception of the helm seat, console and a flip back seat that contains a livewell (well a good baitwell anyway!). I also relocated the starting battery and engine oil tank aft of the rear railing as they had been installed under the rear bench seating area.

Aready installed a Minkota 24 volt, 68# thrust trolling motor, new batteries and wiring along with a bass pro 3 bank charger. I do need to modify the front gate a bit to clear the trolling motor when closed. I also picked up a new Eagle 642 color finder/gps unit and have transducer and wiring installed as well. Mount for the console should be here the first of the week and then can install the head unit. I was going to buy a hummingbird 997 but on the toon the motor would totally block the right side view so I just could not justify the dollars.

Already installed 8 of the rod holders 1/2 inch driftmaster style and have four more of those to go. Also have 18 feet of red led lights to install and have a half camper enclosure to go as well to be able to spend some full weekends on the water and if the weather turns sour to be able to stay dry!

I think it is going to make a pretty good catfishing rig when done. Seems as though I have spent as much on the buying things to set it up as I did on buying the boat though! Hopefully will get it out on its maiden shakedown run next weekend!

2. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    looking forward to seeing pics, I have 96 sun tracker that I did the same thing, trust me u'll love it

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like you are building a catfishing machine. Congrats and I can't wait to see some pics.

4. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    sounds really nice, can't wait to see some pics!

5. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    hope you catch alot of fish post pics when you get some of it on the water

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Bill congrats on the toon. Sounds like you are fixing it up nice. Look forward to seeing some pics. Thanks

7. michael357mag

michael357mag New Member

State:
    texas
    SHOW US SOME PIC WHEN YOU GET FINISHED WITH IT.THANKS...:wink:

8. oldstylelight

oldstylelight New Member

State:
    LeClaire, ia
    that sounds incredible., i would love to see pics. i am envious, i have a pontoon that fishes awesome, but it is a family toon first:eek:oooh: