cats??

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by varmint_sniper, Apr 24, 2008.

1. varmint_sniper

varmint_sniper New Member

State:
    OHIO
    Hey guys, I fish a shallow lake in ohio (indian lake) and iam haveing trouble finding the cats dose anyone have any sugestions? I thought they would be following the crappie to areas where they spawn but so far 52crappie and 0cats any info would be appreacited? thanks....will

2. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Probably need a little more info, what bait fish is abundant there? What types of cats inhabit that lake? By shallow what do you mean? I would look for the bait fish, not sure if there is shad in there or not, find the bait and they wont be far behind.

3. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    i don't know about there,but i know in deer creek,they are up in the shallow water following the shad.the shad should be running up the creek right now since the water should be warm enough,so they are up there piggin out on them.
    which i will be headin there in a little while to try to get ahold of some:eek:oooh:

4. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    One tip on Indian Lake. Because of the silt bottom that covers most of the lake, keep your bait off the bottom. Often, if the bait is lost in the silt, the fish won't bother with it. Try the coves, especially around feeder creeks. Shad should be one of your best choices for baits there as I have caught some of the largest ones ever there.

Good luck and keep us posted.

5. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I used to go to Russels point and slay them this was a while ago tho

6. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    im not even gonna ask what you used for bait:smile2::wink: rollo

7. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Worms and dogs usually :big_smile: and stinkbait

8. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Hey Gary ... If I ever get my motor running ... I will take you out on Buckeye or Dillon and you can use hotdogs if you want ... As a kid I remember catching cats on hotdogs .... Of course at the rate I am going it may be September before I figure out or have money to get the damn motor running .... :wink: Garry-

9. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Sounds good, I may be able to borrow my wifes grandfathers boat on Buckeye. His son lives there and has a slip now he puts it there. I havnt asked yet of course he likes to fish also so that makes it even better LOL.