Cats on the Prowl-Glendo 9/26-9/27

Discussion in 'WYOMING LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by doublehaul, Sep 27, 2009.

1. doublehaul

doublehaul New Member

State:
    Wyoming
    They finally put on the feedbag in preparation for wintering. I've been doing a lot of research lately on Fall catfishing patterns. Not many people go cattin' this time of year, but maybe my 1st trip to Glendo proves how misunderstood catfish really are. Most think that when the weather cools down the cats lay dormant on the bottom seldom feeding, simply waiting for spring. That is just not true. The cats are active and on the prowl.

Took a late season fishing trip to Glendo Reservoir on Friday after work. I didn't quite know what to expect given the fact that Catferret fished one full day and only caught one fish on his first scouting mission. After the let down of Keyhole res the past couple of trips I figured Glendo might go a little different. The ferret lent us his boat which we launched on Saturday morning and fished for roughly 45 minutes total. The cool thing about this lake was the amount of baitfish present. At dusk I saw many minnows jumping and balling up right at the surface. Then at night while landing a fish I saw many near shore in the rocky cover. There's a healthy forage base which leads to healthy, large catfish in this body of water. This lake has varying depths and structure allowing fisherman many options in terms of presentation/location. There are mud flats, gravel bottoms, shallow bays, and steep rocky ledges.

Weather
    High: 78 deg. Low: 47 deg.

We fished from dusk (7ish) till about 1:30AM from the bank. Bait of choice was cut carp with shrimp being a close second. We landed 10 fish in total and had one snapped line overnight. No bites the next morning.

Here's the rundown: 13.13--10.0--9.2--7.8--7.4--7.2--7.1--6.0--5.10--4.13
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. doublehaul

doublehaul New Member

State:
    Wyoming
    all fish were released to be caught another day.

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Some real nice channels ya got there. Thanx for sharein.

4. KATFISH J.

KATFISH J. New Member

State:
    CALIFORNIA

Man those are some nice looking channels, but I would of had to keep one for that fish and chip basket.....mmmmmmmmm.......

Thanks for the report DH.......