Cats in my mulch

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Mi11er, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I have a problem. My neighbors cat gets in the mulch in front of my house and uses it as their personal kittie litter box:angry:. Well the smell is starting to become noticeable and it is just is getting on my nerves. Besides shooting the cat( which that option is getting oh so close) what can I do? I am not sure it is my neighbors cat, but there is a good chance, so I don't want to talk to him about it. His wife died this summer and he has enough to worry about.

2. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    put moth balls in mulch bed

3. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I would try to box trap it and then ask the neighbor if it`s his , if not turn it over to animal control. Nobody should have to put up with pets running at large destroying their property.

4. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I had that same problem as well as some others and I tried some live animal traps as well as many other methods. Nothing seemed to work....then I dialed X22LRH1 worked like a charm.............:wink:

5. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Does that really work? Just curious...

6. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i would set the box trap, then shoot em' or not set the box trap, and just shoot em! Can't stand people that let there pets roam around. my dog is kept contained either inside or on a leash, why should they be any different? rollo

7. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    There are some sprays that you can get from pet supply stores that is supposed to keep them away. However, you will probably have to replace your mulch first. Once they get their smell there, they go back to the same spot. Plus every animal in the neighborhood will go to that spot to try to cover the others smell!:angry:

Got a couple male dogs that I think have been urinating on my flower bed!:angry: Has to be something that lifts its leg. Only got 1 male here and I don't think that he can pee that high up!:wink:

Remember, most areas don't have leash laws on cats. You could talk to your neighbor and see if he could keep it inside more. If you are nice about it, he may prefer you to talk to him instead of shooting it!

8. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Bead, lead and follow.

9. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Cayenne pepper? Just guessin' here...:confused2:

10. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    RWS markets a "subsonic" 22LR that is pretty quiet.....you can deal with dogs, but cats are just cats. You could paint ball a dog & it would be the end of that chapter, but a cat....what John said.
    Also you have to hide the evidence to protect yourself from the owner. No kidding. I got in trouble over tree rats; that were destroying my house. Got a neighbor who's a PETA member.....

11. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Moose, I mean Mouse Traps! :wink:

12. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Seriously, discharging a firearm in the city limits is just asking for trouble...I'd be pissed big time if somebody was shooting anywhere near my house.

Live trap the sucker, and take him on a road trip.

13. CATFISHING1

CATFISHING1 New Member

State:
    MO.
    man up and confront the nieghbor.if that dont work trap it, ask him if it is his if it is tell him he can pick it up at the pound. doesnt the pound charge alittle fee for pick up. after a few times he will get the pic.:cool2:

14. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Ok, just cause I'm a cat lover...I'll tell ya what would happen if ya get caught killing my cat!:smile2:
    Actually...I wont tell ya, it would ruin the suprise. Roofing nails in the driveway, piles of cow manure on the front porch, you get the idea.:smile2:

I did tell the neighbor to use round up (in the middle of the night of course) on the other neighbors flower beds. That would take care of the problem of cats digging up her flowers.:wink:

Here in our town they can ticket you for your pet deficating in someone elses property. They have to have proof of what animal it was though. The cheif of police's wife used to take pictures of the animals in her yard and then turn them in.

Seriously, talk to the neighbor first. He may actually be quite happy to try to do something about it or have some suggestions to help. His reaction will be better if you approach him with a calm demeanor.

I hate fighting with neighbors. They can make your life miserable. I would do what you can without causing a fight and shooting his cat might be a good reason for revenge. It would be for me!:smile2::eek:oooh:

Actually just found a stray outside a few minutes ago. We fed it!

15. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I would never shoot the cat, I guess my feeble attempt at a joke backfired. But I was just looking for way to keep the cat out of the mulch bed without causing a lot of problems:wink:

16. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Honestly I didn't figure you would or you wouldn't have been looking for another solution to the problem!:big_smile:

However, some of the others around here.......:eek:oooh::sad2::smile2:!!!

17. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    There's a cat that has been walking the top of the wall that separates my back yard from the neighbor's. It walks all the way down and sits over my rottweiler's pen. My dog doesnt bark or anything. He just sits there staring at it. I have a feeling that one day, that cat is gonna fall in and Duke is finally gonna have his way....:crazy:

18. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Just dial ( 1-800 Big Johns pet removal) Actually I love cats....they taste pretty good. Oh that was just so wrong!!!!!
    Cats ....its whats for supper!....Oh that was just so wrong too!
    Cats.....the other white meat....Oh that was just so wrong too! Actually my wife has a very pretty cat that she loves very much and I was just having some fun. Didn't mean to offend anyone. Sorry!:smile2:

19. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I have a cat mounted sitting on my mantle,I had to get plumb up on the sidewalk fer that one,Man they're quick :smile2::wink:

20. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    My brother has been tanning cat hides for a couple of years. Road kills, donated, feral cats, domestics that have bitten the dust. He is going to make a coat of many colors. It will be pretty sharp. I told him to put a hood on it. will take about another half dozen cats, but they are a dime a dozen.