Cats in Lake Pleasant

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Cattn-Jeep, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Cattn-Jeep

Cattn-Jeep New Member

State:
    NC
    Hey guys, I'll be back in PA this October for muzzle loader and will be staying out around Arbuckle...I was wondering if anyone knows if Lake Pleasant might be hiding any catfish? I sure would love to grab a few up while I'm back. Thanks!! :smile2:

2. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    ok, would this be lake pleasant in Erie county??

if so, it isn't likely a very good place for catfish. It's most known as a trout pond and is stocked each spring with stocked trout. I doubt that there is channel catfish; there probably is a species of bullhead; perhaps brown bullhead...

if you that close to lake erie and you want some real fishing. try fishing the the outlet to presque isle. ... that is If I'm thinking of the right lake.

at any rate, welcome back to PA.

3. Cattn-Jeep

Cattn-Jeep New Member

State:
    NC
    You are correct, that is the Lake Pleasant that I'm talking about. I actually grew up in Erie, but never fished for catfish...you wouldn't happen to know any "hot spots" would you? N/S pier? Lagoons? I'm still just figuring out how to pattern rivers...haven't thought much about the lake...

4. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    Buddy if you don't know about the South Pier... you are IN for a treat!:smile2:

still to this day, some of the biggest channel catfish I have ever seen have come from the south pier! Hit it at night. come a little early, there's a pretty good crowd (although it should be dropping off a bit).

NOw a disclaimer, I am not a regular angler of erie and espacially at night...

I'm don't know if dobins landing have them (I didn't see any, but I've been there only once at night)... as for the lagoons at presque isle. I thought presque Isle closed at dark?

5. Cattn-Jeep

Cattn-Jeep New Member

State:
    NC
    I'm pretty familiar with both the N & S pier...we have always caught lake trout, bass, and sheepshead there. It's also the only place I've ever seen a fish break a pole. :eek:oooh:

We've had goods run of rock bass & crappie from the shore on the north side of dobbins landing.

You are correct Presque Isle closes to road traffic after dark. BUT, what if I don't plan on using the road...They don't close it to boat traffic. :wink: