Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
I totally agree that the barometric pressure has a great deal of effect on the activity of fish. Ive learned that the higher the pressure, the slower the bite. The lower the pressure results in more aggressive, more active bite.

·
Banned
10,335 Posts
I totally agree that the barometric pressure has a great deal of effect on the activity of fish. Ive learned that the higher the pressure, the slower the bite. The lower the pressure results in more aggressive, more active bite.
Concure! In the summer, I pray for storms and low pressure fronts to come in. I hate those hot summer days with no clouds. The fish never seem to be agressive.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Falling or low pressure has always worked best for me. I love storms. I think the cats can sense low pressure and probably instintively associate it with rising water which means increased availablility of food for them.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I don't think the body of water that you are fishing has anything to do with it. I believe that barometric pressure has alot to do with the way the fish bite no matter where you're fishing at.JMO

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
i agree with steve, i think lakes and ponds are more effected by pressure. rivers seam more effected by flow.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Fished with a guide late last year on the red river. It was a clear nice day immediatiely following a brutal cold front. Asked first thing if he thought the change in the pressure result in a poor day and he said he felt the b.p. didn't affect rivers. Not that he would have been likely to say we would have a bad day, but we ended up boating 30+ fish over ten pounds.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.