Catract lake fishing?

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by RiverBuggy4x4, Apr 5, 2009.

1. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Has anyone been to cataract lake yet this season:cool2:

2. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    No, i am only about 20 minutes from it at school. I would like to head up there but wanted to see if anyone wanted to go as my fishin buddy that might know the lake a little better.

3. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    well you might just might get me and whiterivier bigcats to come that way

4. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    The damn and the tailwater below it and under the bridge there on 42 is the only place I have fished it Tony.. But I do know that there is fish there

5. Whiskerstalker

Whiskerstalker New Member

State:
    Hamilton County Indiana
    Thars some hawgs in them thar waters. Seriously tho, the tailwater is some of the best fishin for big flatheads. There & also the crick that leads to the lower falls.

6. catfishhunta

catfishhunta New Member

State:
    indiana
    Caught some little mud cats about 3 weeks ago.

7. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    welcome to the boc mark..

8. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    welcome to the best website out there
    mark

9. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    welcome to the board mark... watch out for that RiverBuggy... hes a weird one

10. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    nononononononono you got to watch for that whiteriverbigcats guy hes weird:big_smile:

11. Trahviiz

Trahviiz Member

State:
    Indianapolis
    Hittin' Cataract for the weekend of the 15th. Any more tips/advice would be much appreciated.

12. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    .......hmm how bout... take the poles you just hung up... :smile2: good luck travis on your quest

13. Trahviiz

Trahviiz Member

State:
    Indianapolis
    That's the plan, then I'll probably be gone for a while. Way way way too much personal stuff going on.

14. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    The 15th huh.. I plan to make a trip out there next monday or so.. maybe even sunday to the tail waters and cookout.. who knows

15. Trahviiz

Trahviiz Member

State:
    Indianapolis
    Well if you plan on coming by while I'm there try to get ahold of me and maybe we can hit the waters.

16. shadchucker

shadchucker New Member

State:
    indiana
    Doe creek is a hot spot at catract, it located once you go under the 42 bridge and make the left turn and head straight back till hit the creek. Also the old beach area is another good spot it is behind the state docks in the park there is a cove there. On the park side of the narrows there is a big sand flat on the west side of the lake just north of the narrows that is good. On the north end of the island is a good spot where the creek channel runs up against the bluff.

Hope this helps.

17. Trahviiz

Trahviiz Member

State:
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for the info. I was just reading about the harvest of fish there a few years back. Close to 100 recorded flatties were taken out in a few months, biggest being the 71lber (What a shame). Couple thousand channels taken as well. It sounds as if the catfishing is good there, hopefully we can get into a few.

18. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I would love to hook into a record flatty:smile2:

19. Trahviiz

Trahviiz Member

State:
    Indianapolis
    I was about to say who wouldn't, but I've been fishing with this guy lately and he keeps saying stuff like, "Im not trying to catch one of those big guys, don't know why you guys want to so bad." I can't help but give him the :eek:oooh: face.

20. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    If he aint huntin a Hawg then whats he fish for? Bait? LOL.. at least you'd be set for flatties...:wink: