Catoon alternative anchoring system

Discussion in 'Catfishing Library' started by Catfish Fever, Jan 25, 2006.

1. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    The attached photos show some of the modifications I made to my Catoon. When fishing shallow, up to five feet deep, I use the "bow and stern" anchor system. If the wind was blowing much at all, the bottom was just a little soft, which it usually is shallow, eventually the anchor lines would loosen. The following are some pics of my solution for this problem, "Anchor Poles". Initially, I just strapped the poles to my rail, didn't work very well if there was even a slight breeze.
    That's when I came up with the idea for the brackets, the lower ones in the pics. Simple muffler clamps(2.5") bolted to the deck edge, to hold a piece of 2" PVC. The original poles were just 10' pieces of 1.5"dia PVC, which slides easily through the bracket PVC. This system worked much better, but the Toon would still shift around some in a stiff breeze, as the top of the anchor pole was unsupported. Again, I tried the bungy cord, with unsatisfactory results. Which led me to install what I feel is a satisfactory system for anchoring in shallow water and be on "almost" as firm a platform as shore fishing but have more mobility to move if "they ain't bitin here".
    There are a few pics of other amenities I included just to show what I had. I'm hoping the details I printed will be sufficient to explain the pics.
    The rest of the pics are posted in the following posts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    More of Catoon anchor pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    More anchor pics. PVC was a GREAT invention!:grin-big:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    A couple of other my other Catoon innovations. I'd planned on putting the barn in last, didn't want to seperate the next pics though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    THE END, finally! Hope I didn't bore y'all.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    One improvement I forgot to mention about the PVC poles, to make them stiffer, I shaved staircase handrails down to where I could pound them down into the entire length of the poles. The PVC by itself was quite flexible, especially the deeper I went. The wood inserts stiffen them up considerably.