CatMaxx ?

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by HOPPY4, Jun 29, 2006.

1. HOPPY4

HOPPY4 New Member

State:
    Waldorf MD
    As I have monitored the board for a while, I have noticed that limited reviews and normal banter is made concerning the CatMaxx by Bass-Pro Shops. Is there a problem with this rod or is it that no one wants to fish with it? I have nothing against other manufactors, but I am more than Happy with my rods. This was just a thought!

HOPPY4

2. Abu

Abu New Member

State:
    Hemlock,Ohio
    In fact I have been waiting for them to go onsale at BassPro. I see the Catmaxx combo onsale all the time but I don't want the reel. I have seen some of the fish you have hoisted in with the Catmaxx and I can't wait to get a couple 11-footers and see how far I can sling a two ounce sinker with live bait from an Abu 6500. Abu

3. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Well boy's I've had to return one due to defective craftsmanship.....which they gave me no problem... I do use mine ....it was a gift......but it is not my favorite rod:crazy:

4. ohiohawghunter45067

ohiohawghunter45067 New Member

State:
    Trenton, Ohio
    catmaxx is a awesome rod. in fact i myself am waiting for them to go on sale... and i have a classic of there cattmaxx. they made a few 12 footers with casting eyes. and i have one. and they cant be found anywhere now. needless to say i never use it but i have it

5. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    I use a catmaxx combo and am very pleased with it, it handles well and though strong will let you feel the fish.

6. gofish

gofish New Member

State:
    Greenville MS
    I have two cat maxx rods and I have no complaints. In fact, I'm getting a third one in a week. I think they are solid rods that are very stout. If it works for you, go with it.

7. HOPPY4

HOPPY4 New Member

State:
    Waldorf MD
    Thanks Guys for the replies!!!! I was just wondering about all the press that was flying. Fresh water in my opinion, does not have a fish that these rods will not stand up to. You may find lighter rods and you may want less coastly rods, but you will still have to use the product. The bottom line is that the rods are Great pieces of fishing gear and I TRUST them.

HOPPY4

8. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I have 5 of the Catmaxx rods and really like them! I use them often and feel they are well built and a good value for the price.