catmaxx rods

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by camochris2, Oct 25, 2007.

1. camochris2

camochris2 New Member

State:
    nebraska city nebraska
    i was just wondering what people think of these rods i have 3 of them in 7 ft and i use circle hooks and i like them i have caught 60 plus pound blues on them in heavy current and i use any where from 1-10 oz of weight

2. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    I really like mine i also think they work well with circle hooks.the only thing i dont like about mine is that its a 1 piece.Imuch prefer a 2 piece because its more convienant to haul around but other then that i give it a thumbs up.

3. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    I have 2 of the new two piece 9 ft. rods and love them very much.:wink:

4. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    yeah i wish now i had gotten the 2 piece.:embarassed:

5. HOPPY4

HOPPY4 New Member

State:
    Waldorf MD
    I again say that they are GREAT Rods and use them EXCLUSIVELY for Catfishing. I have the 10 and 11 ft. Spinning and Baitcaster rods and Trust them to Work! JMHO!!!!!!!

HOPPY4

6. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    I have two baitcasting combos 7'6" M H, with the baitcast reel. Love EM

7. catfishbills

catfishbills New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I personally dont own a CatMaxx rod, but I have heard good things about them. I have read where there made by Qauntom, and are similar in construction to the "big cat" rods. The only negative thing that Ive heard is that the eyes have a tendency for the "inserts" to pop out.

8. brandonleeraab

brandonleeraab New Member

State:
    louisiana
    i too bought the 11' 2piece spinning. i had to remove the bottom two eyes on it the line kept making a loop,catching the eye and snapping the line. Ireplaced the two of them with one larger eye off an old pole i had .works great now,not as sensitive as i like but when you need the backbone of it, it's there