Catmaxx Rods?

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by CJ21, Apr 7, 2007.

1. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I am wondering are these rods anygood? I am thinking about upgradeing my cat rods to these. They seems a like good for the money.

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I have the 9' MH 2-piece casting rod and love it so far.I haven't got to fish with it yet but casted with it when I first got it and it feels good. Can't wait to fish with it. Well worth the $ for sure.

3. ohio catfisherman

ohio catfisherman New Member

State:
    Ohio
    you know charles i just picked one up for the first time yesterday at bass pro shop and i have to say they are really nice rods look like there built good alot of people on this site use them too and love them i think there nice and they were on sale for 50 bucks you cant beat that but i sat it down and bought three ugly stick tigers instead lol hope this helps

4. Ol Whiskers

Ol Whiskers New Member

State:
    Fairfield Township, Ohio
    Have four of them and fished them from boat and bank for 6 years. Mine are 8-ft, one piece MH. Fitted with Ambassadeur 6500CL3, 20-lb Trilene Big Game. You can see the tops of two in the avatar pic.. After 6 years of use and abuse, I need to put new guides in a few places, but the e-glass rod is still going strong. I'd recommend them. I set down the Tiger rods to buy these, as I liked the 8 footer better than Shakespear's 7.

Dennis

5. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have 3 That are about 4 years old maybe 5. Good strong rods.

6. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Never fished with one but I have looked at them. They look nice and there seems to be a good variety of sizes. The only thing I don't like is that they are black, and that is why I am sticking with the Ugly Stik's.

7. catman lo

catman lo New Member

State:
    north carolina
    They are very nice rods. My partner and I combined have 5 of them. Very pleased with the performance. The price is still high at about $50 though.

8. HOPPY4

HOPPY4 New Member

State:
    Waldorf MD
    CJ21, If you want it, BUY It! You will not regret it and most likely will return to purchase another one. The prices were as low a $29.95 earlier in the year, but still a BARGIN at $49.95. When it comes to CATFISHING, I use CatMaxx. JMHO!!!!!!!!!!

HOPPY4

9. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    I have two Bait Caster Cat Maxx combos and loving it. They are a good rod and reel.

10. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

You're killing me! Quit wondering and thinking and go buy the rod. :lol:
    I wish I had your money for all these rods and reels you are getting...:lol:
    Go get them and Good Luck!

11. P.Bean

P.Bean New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I have one of these rods (7' mh) and there a bit to stiff for me...but they can haul some brewsers...mine is for sale if your interested..i'm an ugly stik kind of guy

12. Trophy Hunter

Trophy Hunter New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I have 4 of the MHs. I like the rods if you are catching big fish. They have alot of backbone. I would not purchase another CATMAXX reel though. They are crap IMO.

13. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    When I make up my mind I will buy one, I am leaning toward a Catmaxx.

14. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    I like mine. Has been a good rod.

15. fishallday927

fishallday927 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i saw some in teh bass pro shops during season and they looked expensive ethey were like 80 bucks or somethin so i have two tiger rods and an ugly stick taht i use all the time hope it works out for u

16. Ghost River

Ghost River New Member

State:
    Carolina
    I love mine but they are not cheap.

17. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Ya they are not cheap, but now I am leaning toward the bass mh rods. The rods that are design for catfish are to heavy and bunkl for me. and they dont have enough flex for me.

18. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    i am looking for 2 good 10-12 foot rods.im thinking maybe medium/heavey.i do not them to be to bulkey but would like them to beable to throw 2-3 ounce sinkers plus bait a good long ways.also i would like them to be black.all black with black grips or black with cork grips.any info yall have will be greatly appreciated.thanks

19. santeecat12

santeecat12 New Member

State:
    gastonia,nc
    everybody is telling me that they are real good and i am thinking about getting a catmaxx 9 ft rod and i am thinking about fishing for cat and carp about 20 to 25 pounds.

20. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    sorry to hijack your thread.thought i posted a new one.