Catmaxx reels

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by catfishcrazyjr, Apr 30, 2006.

1. catfishcrazyjr

catfishcrazyjr New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    i have 2 catmaxx reels that need to be broke down and cleaned realy bad, i have done an abu in the past but i tore down this catt maxx and i should have stoped while i was ahead i got this thing in 1,000,000 pieces and cant get the thing back together again, i can take them to mr. tackle and have her do it but that is 20 bucks and that is fine but i need to learn to do them my self so i dont got to pay 20 every time i clean them, i only paid $49 i have had them for just about 3 years and they have been realy great reels especially for the money. anybody got any ideas ?

2. caatstalker

caatstalker New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    have u tried a web site mabey they have a nomenclature blow up. ( pix) just a thought ihave never ben one :roll_eyes:

3. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    For future reference, always take out your parts and place them on the work surface in the order they came out. Clean each part one by one and place it back in line. Makes reel tear downs a snap and quick.

4. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Good idea ,also if you have a digital camera take pics at various stages of removal, yhis has helped me often.good luck.

5. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Maybe you should have stuck to Abu's, seeing as how you all ready new how to take them apart and reassemble them. I'm sure there is someone who knows how to reassemble the reels... but, to me it is worth $20.00 to have a working reel than it is to have one in a million parts. lol

6. catfishinfordman

catfishinfordman New Member

State:
    Broken Arrow, O
    i agree with awshucks. But if the catmax is better than the abu then cool but if not why switch reels. Myself I am going to take apart my abu and take the brakes out for more distance on my cast

7. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    did you try using a manual. Knowing most reel companies, they usually come with a manual. Look into the cleaning part of the manual or go to that shop and see if you can watch and learn while they are cleaning it