CatMaxx CMX-3 Combo, Ideas ??

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by fishnfwl, Aug 14, 2007.

1. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
  2. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    well I guess no one owns one, hmmmm.

3. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    I would put a shimano tekota on it or a Abu 7000i.

4. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Well I was just wandering if any one has been fishing one, the wife and daughter bought me one of the combos and I dont no anything about them, everything I own is garcia or shimano, thanks

5. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    Have two of them and love them both

6. Zing

Zing Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I lost a berkley E-Cat, and replaced it with the cat max, I have the live bait heavy model I think it is 7'9". I can fell the bottom with it and have a abu 7000ic3 on it. I do not cast with it but have caught numerous 20lb+ cats on it and it preforms great. I would buy another one. For the money it can not be beat.

7. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    I just have one of the heavy action 7'6" models and I dunno about it. It's like fishing with a giant redwood tree. It has no give at all. If you're fishing with a clicker I think it may be alright, but tightlining with circles I think would be a no-no with the heavy aciton model. I know the guy who has the state record flathead here in NC fishes them a lot and uses circles, but he uses the longer models and I don't know if he uses the heavy or MH model. Hope this helps some.

8. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    well went with the MH 8'r now for a 50+ to test it out! Thanks for all the reply's fellas :wink: