Catmax Rod at 24.88

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by HARVRAD2003, Mar 6, 2007.

1. HARVRAD2003

HARVRAD2003 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    I noticed that the Catmax rods arre 24.88 up to 8' and I was wondering as compared to the TIGER Ugly Stick would this be a good rod for a 7000c3 or Penn 320 GT2 and Power Pro. I've heard alot of good about the rod and was wondering if they are as good as the Tiger or should I save my money and buy another TIGER, just thought I could get 2 Catmax rods for under the price of 1 TIGER rod

2. STICKBENDER

STICKBENDER New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have 6 of them as well as a 3 Surge rods, I think for the money there real good rods. I haven't had any problems , and at that price you can't go wrong. I picked up a couple when I saw the price last month. They will handle anything that you can put them thru.

3. cathouse

cathouse New Member

State:
    NY
    Never owned one but there is a member that uses them for wells catfish which i believe are normally fished from bank. that should be some testament to the rods. hope that helps .

4. fishinpolak

fishinpolak New Member

State:
    Phoenix, Arizona
    hmmm i might have to pick one of those up!

5. fishinnstudyin

fishinnstudyin New Member

State:
    MO
    sturdy rod, but blank is somewhat too thick and it feels like a broom. i don't like how the medium heavy rods are rated 10-20 so it seems they arent strong enough to fully utilize 50-80 lb braid while the heavy rods are rated 20-40 lbs but they arent too sensitive.. the 10-11 feet should be used as a snagging rod, the rigid frame would make the hook stick firmly into the paddlefish's tough skin. i spooled up an Okuma Epixor 80 attached to the Catmaxx 11 foot and lemme tell you something. i aint a weak or sissy man (6'0, 180 lbs), but my arm definetely cramped in the middle even with only about a 1-2 lb line tension. may have been the weight of the reel though, those Okuma 80s are pretty heavy. anyways, i feel like the Catmaxx heavy rods are just overkill. im eying a surge rod, its got plenty of backbone but a sensitive tip and it weighs much less. id try to stay clear of e-glass blanks.

6. rambilt

rambilt New Member

State:
    Texas
    Try one out and see how it feels like in your hands. If it feels good to you then it must be the right one for you...