Catmax or Tiger

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by HARVRAD2003, Mar 7, 2007.

1. HARVRAD2003

HARVRAD2003 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    I have 3 Tiger rods 2 baitcaster and 1 spinning, I noticed that the catmax rods are on sale and I could get 2 for the price of 1 TIGER. I was wondering if the catmax is very compatable with TIGER or should I go ahead and just buy one TIGER. I love the TIGER rods but as I said, if they will last and are good rods then I wouldn't have a problem buying 2 for regular catfishing to medium catfishing. I'll be going to BASS PRO in a few days and I have around 65.00 for a rod or two.

2. rambilt

rambilt New Member

State:
    Texas
    You have already proven to yourself how good the tiger rods are, why sway away from the one you already love...

3. beakus

beakus New Member

State:
    derby kansas
    one good one is better then two so-so rods,quality not quantity.

4. DELLIS

DELLIS New Member

State:
    OHIO
    the bass pro trophy plus rods are great too had mine a couple years
    besides if they break bass pro will replace on the spot instead of having to mail them out but i do own several ugly sticks they are by far my rod of choice but like i said the trophy rods aren't bad and hold up very well

5. airforceben

airforceben New Member

State:
    california
    ive used the catmax and it seems like a quality rod..actually i thought it had alot of the same characteristics and the tiger

6. river_rat_42

river_rat_42 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I personally think that the Catmaxx is just as nice as the Tiger rods if not better! They have enough backbone to pull in any catfish, no matter the size. They also have high quality guides, a strong/well built (yet sensitive) tip, and a comfortable cork handle. If the Catmaxx rods are not quality rods ,at a good price, then I don't know what a quality rod is.

7. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    I have 3 catmaxx and never had any problems

8. HARVRAD2003

HARVRAD2003 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Went to bass pro yesterday, almost bought a 11' Catmax but after looking at my money and realizing that I had over 120.00, I went ahead and bought a Medium and a Medium Heavy Tiger rod. I know that I could have gotten 1 TIGER and 2 nice Catmax rods for 120.00 but I went with what I already had, I already had a Medium Heavy in Casting and 1-Medium 7' and 1-Medium 11' Tiger (which they don't make anymore) Spinning rods. Both of my Penn 320's and 7000c3's have awesome quality rods along with both of my large Diawa Emblem Spinning Reels, I probably will buy at least 2 more within the next year 1 for my Penn Jigmaster 500M and 1 for my Quantum Iron IR-335. I'd love to get some new reels but I have 2 6500c3's, 2 5000's and 1 6000 that need to be taken into the shop and brought back to new condition, and then I'll start buying some more Medium or the Medium Light Tigers for my 6500's and 6000 and a Ugly Stick white catfish rod for my 5000's, since I already have 1.

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    When you purchase a Ugly Stick Tiger rod you are makeing an investiment. It's a quality rod that will be around and do the job for you. Always stick to what you have already proved to yourself and you want be sorry or blow money.:big_smile: