Catmax or Tidewater spinning reels ?

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Wabash River Bear, Jun 17, 2007.

1. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Anybody have any experience with Ba$$pro's CatMax size 70 & 80 spinners? They sound like a beefy and well built 4 bearing reel. How about the Shakespeare Tidewater spinners ? Any luck with these reels, likes, or dislikes? Thinkin about buyin a couple, can't decide which of the two.

2. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    I have one of the Tidewater spinning reels. I moslty it use for my floatrigs. So far it has done well. I have it on a 8' surfrod. I've caught some pretty nice fish with it.

3. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I have had a TIDEWATER Freeliner Spinning reel,model TWS70FL for about 3 years.I have seldom used it and have caught no fish of any size on it.I often use large reels for small fish as my hands often have no feeling.So far the reel has worked A-OK in every way when I used it.The bait feeder lever is strictly manual in the off and on,which I like.My Okuma CD90's have a lever to switch,but also go over to the regular drag automatically when the handle is turned.The Bass Pro catalog has the 40,50 and 70 size reels on sale for $29.88.I paid $49,99 for mine at Bass Pro approx.3 years ago.I would love to have the TWS50 for smaller fish.So far,I would buy the reel again.I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

4. TScottW99

TScottW99 New Member

State:
    NRV, VA
    I just bought a Tidewater and like it so far. Got it on sale at BassPro. Have only fished with it once so far. Plan on taking it back out tomorrow night.

5. HOPPY4

HOPPY4 New Member

State:
    Waldorf MD
    Neither by CHOICE! Go with Shimano or Okuma!

HOPPY4

6. sharkn1979

sharkn1979 New Member

State:
    georgia
    my choice would be the tidewater 30 i have had one for several years and i have put it through a good beating and its still holding up great i have caught 40 pound flatheads and several 200 pound sharks with no problem