CatMatt's Catfish Camp June 7th and 8th

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by SkipEye, Apr 23, 2008.

1. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Hey guys, I don't see much going on about this. It is kind of buried in the Illinois section. I am trying to get Matt to get it posted in the gathering section. He says it is there but I cannot find it.:tounge_out:

Anyone planning on attending? It sounds like a great time. He has a nice campground area right on the Rock River on his own property. Early arrivals are ok and stay as long as you like.:big_smile:

Come chase some MONSTER FLATHEADS on the Rock River!!!!!!

The SkipEye family can now attend since they cancelled my school.

Come on Gateway Cats! Plan for an awesome trip!

That weekend is FREE Illinois Fishing Days also if I am not mistaken!

2. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Here is a link to the Illinois thread:

http://catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67814&page=13

Here's the info from Cat Matt's thread:

Catfish Camp Gathering
    Rock River
    PROPHETSTOWN ILL.
    JUNE 7th and 8th
    Do not miss this chance to come and camp and fish the famed rock river in northwestern Illinois. We have over 100 acres of private rock river shoreline. A very well maintained camp ground, with port a potties and a few generators for electricity. A fish fry,Bon fires and some of the best catfishing the united states has to offer....period. Tents,campers or whatever means you want. There will be seminar talks,some giveaways and alot of the event will be filmed. If you are not a camper there are hotels located within 20 minutes in every direction but i hope you all camp. The camp is located 20 minutes northeast of the Quad cities,them being Bettendorf and Davenport Iowa and Moline and Rock Island Illinois.1 hour south southwest of Rockford and 20 miles north of Kewanee Ill. There will be more exact directions avaliable later But for reference this camp is 20 miles north of Interstate 80 just of of rt. 78. Come early if you want, stay late if you want. The Rock is a small to mid size river so we run fishing rigs up to 20 feet but your average boats here are 16 footers with up to 50 horses. the mighty mississippi is only 20 miles away for those who wish to bring there big deep v's and such.I run a 17 footer here with 40 horse. launch is right upstream from camp and is very nice.Sign up now, I hope to see you there. Feel free to ask any questions you may have, Catmatt.

3. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Yep Skip, that is the free weekend, so no cash on license anyway. Water might be down by then too

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a great opportunity to learn how to catfish. Good luck with the camp.

5. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Matt, SkipEye and Family will be there. We can't wait!!!! Was disappointed when work scheduled a conflicting school, but....suprise.... the government is out of money so now it is cancelled.:roll_eyes:

Don't see many commitments yet from the 'locals' but I'll try to browbeat them a little bit at our next meeting!:smile2:

Sounds like a really great time!

Any pics you can post from past Catfish Camps?

6. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    My 'plan' is to be in some Rock River Pics holding up a big Flathead.:smile2:

We'll see how that works out! Regardless, it sounds like a great campout and I am counting the days!

We'll be in a tent so hoping for good weather. I can bring a 10x10 canopy if you want to set up a central area somewhere or have some other use for it. Also I can bring an extra generator if you need more.

7. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    If I can get off, I'll bring Jack and Lauren up for some camping and fishing. June is going to be pretty busy for me being as I have recurrent training, but one never knows. I wont know till the 2nd week of May. This is a great thing though, and a chance for the little ones to go have a great time as well.

8. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    Hey guys i would love to do something like that but Justin's tourney is going to fall on the same weekend.