Catmasters Tournament Dec. 6th

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by Sunbird, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    I took a few pictures while visiting with the Brothers from Pee Dee this weekend. I was blessed to be asked by Bigbird to accompany him in the tourney. Bigbird and Sunbird were two birds "out of water"! :eek:oooh: The Great Pee Dee was not so nice to us and we were skunked, the fellow Catmasters, on the other hand were very gracious and friendly. I enjoyed meeting, fishing, eating and fellowshiping with them. I hope to do it all again, soon.:wink:

Cogratulations to Tommy, Blackwaterkatz, for a fine win! He chose to tackle the river alone and put a whuppin on some cats to claim another accolade. Way to go Tommy!!

Here are the pics.:wink:

Attached Files:

2. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Here are a few more!

Attached Files:

3. CarolinaCatJack

CarolinaCatJack New Member

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    Looks like y'all had a great time, Rambo! I hate to hear that y'all got skunked, but that's OK. That means they're still out there for y'all to catch. Thanks for the pics.

4. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Thanks for the report Rambo.

5. zmany2k

zmany2k New Member

State:
    APG, MD
    Man I look good leaning up against the door there in my beatup ol' carhart.

Yes folks, a great time was had by all is probably an understatement. Quite a few of these South Carolinians earned my respect that day, James especially for taking me on his boat like he did.

Me and sunbird rolled out there bright and early. More from an innert mental compass then from good directions we eventually found where we were going down some dirt roads. Then the fun began.

I was happy to reel in my 7lb 14oz blue. I was also tickle pink to see a 2lb blue try to yank on a tiger rod like it was a 25 pounder.

I had a lot of fun out there. Definitely looking forward to another sometime in the future.

6. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    John thanks for the pics and we had a great time and it was a pleasure metting and talking with you.

Zac it was my pleasure to have you aboard and you are welcome back anytime. You were a great help on the boat and I am sorry the fish didnt cooperate more than they did.

7. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Congrats to Tommy on the win.:wink: Wish I could have been there for the great fellowship and fun. There are some mighty find catmen that fish the Pee Dee and I'm looking forward to meeting and learning from'em one day.:wink:

8. bellymeat

bellymeat New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    you guys looked like ya'll had a good time. Congrats to the winners.....

If I can get back the one good boat I've got running from charleston I'm going to catfish this winter....

We've been tearing up the trout, redfish and sheepshead down in Charleston.

Maybe I can talk my son in law into giving me my boat back!:wink:

later....
    Ron

9. stumphumper

stumphumper New Member

State:
    Ladson SC
    Looks like a good time. Congrats on the win Tommy. If the PD was anything like the Edisto this weekend you must have brought your "A" game.

10. zmany2k

zmany2k New Member

State:
    APG, MD
    James, no apology needed. I had a great time and we did better than most. You obviously know your river quite well. I'm glad to know i wasn't in the way too much.

Ron, good luck getting your boat back. I bet your son-in-law is just as happy as can be keeping it for himself.:roll_eyes:

11. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Ron when you get ready let me know we will go hit the river but you cant bring your stinkbait.:crazy::big_smile: LOL I too have laid a wopping on the redfish, black drum, trout, but most importantly CATFISH.:wink: I am gettting ready to start fishing the waccamaw and BPD down at the bay in the next few weeks.

12. bellymeat

bellymeat New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    :embarassed: that could be a deal killer! Thanks for the offer I may take you up.

Getting my boat back this weekend, so I'll be hitting the gpd soon.

Changing subjects just a little.... did any of you guys see the great white that washed up on Morris Island. 13 ft maybe 800+ lbs. Dang I surf fish up to my chest around that area.

later...
    Ron

Attached Files:

13. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Thats 1 BIG FISH. I think I would need a bigger net.:smile2:

14. zmany2k

zmany2k New Member

State:
    APG, MD
    Don't think I like sharks much more than alligators, and i explained to James just how much I like alligators.