Catman with alot of questions

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by catchaser19, Jul 19, 2006.

1. catchaser19

catchaser19 New Member

State:
    UTAH
    I am planning a catfishing trip in the first week of september in 2007 i know it is a ways down the road but i just want to get all my poop in a group so to speak before i find myself packing for the trip and dont know what iam doin or going. I need some suggestions on a place to go that has good catfishing with a boat ramp a place to sleep and at least a decent tackle shop and a place that rents actual boats. Now all of this can be within a 20 mile radius. any input would be greatly appreciated. I also need to know what the boating laws are because i would like to rent a pontoon boat and somehow use that is some way as my floating hotel but i dont know if i can or what i need to do in order to be able to spend the night on a boat. I hope this is all making sence thanx guys

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I don't know of any places here in NC that will rent boats overnight are in SC. They are usually 4 hour and 8 hour rentals daylight are open to close. There is a marina that rent boats on the Santee and thats good fishing with a cheap motel thats clean and about 10 minutes from the marina. Jack's Creek Marina is the name I don't have the web site handy but you can yahoo it. I will have to get back to you on the hotel name, it was 30 bucks a night and clean old but clean and good food right in the parking lot at a little ma and pop resteraunt.

3. catchaser19

catchaser19 New Member

State:
    UTAH
    I am planning a catfishing trip in missouri the first week of september in 2007 i know it is a ways down the road but i just want to get all my poop in a group so to speak before i find myself packing for the trip and dont know what iam doin or going. I need some suggestions on a place to go that has good catfishing with a boat ramp a place to sleep and at least a decent tackle shop and a place that rents actual boats. Now all of this can be within a 20 mile radius. any input would be greatly appreciated. I also need to know what the boating laws are because i would like to rent a pontoon boat and somehow use that is some way as my floating hotel but i dont know if i can or what i need to do in order to be able to spend the night on a boat. I hope this is all making sence thanx guys

4. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I'm sure some of the guy around Truman and Lake of the Ozarks can help you out, I know the rent a lot of boats there, and yes you can spend as much time on the water as you like and as many nights as you like, have a great time while your here and may be I'll run into ya.

5. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Soory can't help you there, thanks for putting in a destination though.

6. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Truman Lake is your destination. It's one of the top catfish lakes in Missouri.

There are a few marinas that rent boats - all the way from 14 ft v-bottom boats with a 10hp tiller engine to 18 or 20 ft bass boats. Don't know about overnight rentals though - I'm sure it's possible, though I suspect many marinas will be restricted to daytime use by the terms of their insurance policy.

Personally, I'd consider hiring a guide for one or two days while you're here - the cost won't be much different (overall) than bringing all your own stuff and renting a boat, and I'm certain you'll catch more fish. PM me if you want more information.

7. catchaser19

catchaser19 New Member

State:
    UTAH
    Thanx for the input on the lakes guys. What about along the missouri river.