Catin' Bass

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by FATFLATTIE, Jul 23, 2007.

1. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    I took one of my bass fishing buddies catfishing last night b/c he wanted to see what it was all about. Well, I still couldn't keep him away from the bass even while catfishing. He was excited when he got his first bite, but it ended up being a bass!

Attached Files:

2. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Very nice bass.

3. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Nice indeed! :big_smile:

4. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Here's another one I caught tonight while catfishing.

Attached Files:

5. Zombie76

Zombie76 New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Couple of nice fish there!! What bait are you using to catch bass while catn' ?? LOL, Prolly shad, huh??

6. fcrnnngbck25

fcrnnngbck25 New Member

State:
    Lafayette, Indi
    This one place I use to fish had some big cats and alot of really big smallmouth. So i'd use light tackle to bass fish while I waited on a nice cat to hit. Biggest smallie I got there was 4 1/2 lbs but caught it on my one of my cat poles that had a bluegill on it :eek:oooh:. Those are some really nice bass thou. Although there not my favorite fish and never will be they are nice to catch from time to time.

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for sharing your fishing trip. Two nice bass. Should make anyone proud. Go back tonight and catch the cats.:cool2::smile2:

8. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Here's a hawg we got while catfishing last night. Just can't seem to keep the bass away:smile2:

Attached Files:

9. JEFFRO67

JEFFRO67 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Great fish wes. Now see if you would have went bass fishing you would have caught all CATFISH LOL

10. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Goodness...

What were you using? :eek:oooh:

11. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    yeah, what were you using? those really are some healthy lookin fish. was it a pond lake or river?

12. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Sometimes when I'm fishing for channels the bass like to hit my bait too.:angry_2:

Attached Files:

13. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Just using live bluegill and it was in a lake. By the way Philly, that is a nice bass too. We've been getting one about every time we go catfishing. The bass in there are really thick and there are some huge bass in the lake. A friend of mine caught one over 13lbs two years ago on live bait. I personally have caught 5 over 7lbs in less than a year out of the place.

14. LiveWire

LiveWire New Member

State:
    LaVergne, Tennessee
    Those are some REALLY nice lookin bass! If the bass are growin' that big, I'd really like to see the cats that come out of that lake! :big_smile:

15. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    in one of my honey hole i caught an 8lbs bass on a cut gill head. it suprised the heck out of me.

16. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Yeah, I've managed to catch two bass in my day on cut bait, none of them were that big though! It is very surprising to have a hit on cut bait and then have something on the other end of the line start jumping.

17. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Uh Huh...Bass fishing at night so nobody will see ya. Slick! ROTFLMAO! Those are some hawgs. Congrats.

18. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    :smile2: Busted me! I love those little green fish just as much as the big slimy ones. There's just something about them.