CatfishSafari Shoot-out/Gathering

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by catfishsafari, May 29, 2008.

1. catfishsafari

catfishsafari New Member

State:
    missouri
    I just wanted to remind everybody what the shootout is all about.

Date; Oct.11 08

1. It is intended as a " Gathering " first. So BOC members have an excuse to get together with other BOC members and meet and greet. Have a good time and talk about how there year has gone so far ect.

We will have food ( BBQ, Fish fry) and drinks a DJ, lots of give aways.

2. It is also a full blown tournament put on by Troy (spoonfish) and Kirk (cattamer) of Mo. Acats. for those who want to participate.

3. Bragging Rights; This is an East vs West tourny. Big Fish, total weight ect.
    The over all winner will take home to his local club, tackle shop or whatever a " custom built hand made " trophy. This trophy is being made as we speak by " Rusty " from the BOC. If anyone has seen his work you know it's awsome.

At the last MO. gathering I was lucky enough to win a custom knife made by Rusty and it now sits on our fireplace mantle.

Troy and Kirk put on the Mo. gathering and it went great so I am sure this will too.

I will " not " be fishing this tournament (I get asked that a lot). I will be taking the day off and helping with the gathering part of it.

I also want to say thanks to every body I got to meet at the last gathering. And to Rusty for the awsome knife that looks so great on my fireplace.

Hope to see a lot of BOC members turnout.

Attached Files:

2. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I will be there even if I fish from the "BANK"!!!:wink:

3. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Rusty does a beautiful job making his knifes and trophys. Knowing Rusty Im sure the Catfish Safari Shootout Trophy will be something spectacular. I will attach a few more examples of some of the others he has done.

Attached Files:

4. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    If you want to fish in the tournament, we'll find a boat for you to ride in... So come on down!

Maybe we can get a special rule exemption for the tournament to allow a third person in the boat...

5. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    This sounds like its gonna be a blast. I will definitely try an make this one.
    Oct. 11, 2008...................where will it take place? I must have missed it somewhere

6. kennylee

kennylee New Member

State:
    Missouri -
    I'm with Willie, where is it? and is that Ryan aka stlcatman in that pic double fisting budlight,lol

7. catfishsafari

catfishsafari New Member

State:
    missouri
    Hey Willie; It will be at Osage Bluff Marina on Truman lake. Willie did you notice how Ryan double knuckled those Bud lites in the pics.

8. adam1886

adam1886 New Member

State:
    higginsville,missouri
    sounds like it will be a great time. im definantly going to try to make this one even tho it is during hunting season:embarassed:. another question is how much are the tournament fees for those who might be interested?

9. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Wish I could make it, but I'll be gettin hitched that day!

10. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City

That's the kind of thinking we need today.

11. Burwell40

Burwell40 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Steve, did you ever get that new boat in service?

12. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Entry fees and rules will be the same as all open Missouri ACATS tournaments.

This will also be the last Open tournament in the Missouri ACATS series before our Championship.

The top 5 finishing non-qualified teams will advance to the Championship on November 1st.

For complete Missouri ACATS rules and information please visit our web site at: http://www.missouriacats.com/

13. akwolf41

akwolf41 Master Instigator of the BOC!

State:
    Kenai, Ala
    Spoonman:

I am thinkin about coming up and joining in on the Fun. Sounds
    Like that may be a blast. If one of the Pros needs an amuetur
    fisherman in their boat, I might just be in on this Gathering and Tourney.

Gene

14. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    Well Guys I guess I will have to come down and fish the tourney. I don't know any other way to get this Trophy down there. Its weighs a ton. Its 30 " tall and 16" across the base. Solid Walnut. Its a good thing it will stay on the West side because Rat is the only one on the east side that could move it...LOL...I want to thank Steve for the chance to build this trophy. He has more trust in my ability then I do.

15. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    The westies better make a bigger trophy case it sounds like. :big_smile:

16. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    We appreciate ya making it Rusty, it will be displayed proudly at each of our Gateway Cats meetings on the east side. :wink:

17. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Heres a picture of two more custom knifes Rusty has made. We will be awarding these two to the 2008 Championship team.

Attached Files:

18. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City

So I gues you are talking to me when you say amuetur.

19. akwolf41

akwolf41 Master Instigator of the BOC!

State:
    Kenai, Ala
    Come on Kevin:

Surely this must be a Pro-Am tourney with us ametuers thinkin about fishin it. LOL

Gene

20. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Wow, I guess we better pack light to get that trophy back home. So is this trophy going to travel every year or will there be a new one made every year? I can't wait to see it, If it was anything like the knife or the last trophy it will be amazing. Come on guys those beers were Heathers and I was just holding them for her.