Catfish'n Erie Tribs

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by mattr, May 15, 2009.

1. mattr

mattr New Member

State:
    PA
    I want to go badly, anyone have experience doing this? How much warmer does it have to get till they head up the tribs big time.

2. DIESELkat

DIESELkat New Member

State:
    PA
    No idea, but keep us informed if you head up. Id love to catch cats in the summer and steelhead in the winter outta the same creek.

3. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    I wanna catch a PA burbot!

4. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    around the 4th of july they head into the tribs to spawn. lots of channels up to 20lbs.

5. mattr

mattr New Member

State:
    PA

good info thanks man

6. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

I went fishing up erie for burbot once.I went out on the north pier at presque isle,south pier is just as good.We caught a couple,it wasn,t hard,you just gotta be an eskimo to do it.It was freezing cold,windier than hell,it,s always windy out on them piers.We ad then filleted at poor richards.They were good,but you couldn,t pay me enough to sit out there and fish for them again.Call up Poor richards bait up in erie,they,ll let you know when they,re moving into the bay.It,s gonna be COLD!:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

7. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    walnut creek, elk creek, and off the mouth at trout run are all good spots. but from what i have been told Walnut is the best place.