Catfishkatmando, a great brother and a great American!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Believer, Jul 7, 2006.

1. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    I wont embarrass him by saying what it is that he did (unless he says it's ok) but let's just say that this man proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that he loves his country and those who serve in it!
    God bless you brother!

Eric

2. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    iguess he did something good for the praise but i dont know whether to say thanks congrats or sing jolly good fellow to vague.Should I rep him

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I can't wait to hear, we want details Believer. Dont wait on him. hehehe

4. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Naw, I wont do that unless he says it's ok. :big_smile: I'm sure he'll post on this thread at some point.

Eric

5. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Ok, guys here it is...

Catfishkatmando pm'd me Wed. in regards to a post I made about my brother being called up by the Army after being off of active duty for 5 1/2 years.
    He said that he occasionally sends a knife to a soldier who is going into harms way and asked what kind of work my brother does to help him pick out a suitable knife.

I responded and gave him my address and today a package containing the knife was delivered!

Catfishkatmando AKA: Wiliam doesn't know me or my brother, but he loves his country and it's military so much that merely saying so is not enough; no he went the extra mile and proved it!
    We need more people like him in this world!
    God bless you wiliam!

Eric

6. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    That is a great thing he has done, thanks for sharing. He is a good man. Tell your brother good luck.

7. East

East New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Catfishkatmando,

Hello my name is Josh, i am Believer's younger brother and let me just say THANK YOU!!! I'm really not one with words but i do want to take the opportunity to thank you for the knife, it totally blew me away, especially when i found what that particular knife retails for and for you to give a gift like that to a total stranger is something truly special. I have never met you before but hopefully someday i will so i can thank you in person! I have been out of the Army for about 5 1/2 years now and with only 8 months until my commitment is fulfilled i have been activated. Things have been pretty stressful around here since i recieved my news, especially since i do not know where i am going or for how longand also since now i have a beautiful wife and a son that turns 2 the day before i leave. I knew when i raised my right hand all those years ago that this could happen and being raised with the father that we had, always being taught the importance of things such as morals, truth and pride, i knew that i would answer the call without hesitation; But i can say that it hasn't been exactly easy on anyone here. This country was founded on and protected throughout by service and sacrifice and it truly helps ease the pain of that sacrifice from my perspective to know that there are people like you in this world that appreciate what it is that we do. The term "brotherhood" has become pretty apparent to me in the short time that i have been a member here, your gift to me will never be forgotten and hopefully one day i can repay the favor, i owe you at least a cold one my friend! thanks again, Josh

P.S. since i am so new to this site i don't have any PM privelages yet thats why im posting this here.

8. Tinboat

Tinboat New Member

State:
    Jonesboro, Arkansas
    Thank you for your service and all that you do for our country.

9. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    heck ya Catfishkatmando, is a good ole boy when i had my rods stole he ask me for my address and out of know where their were some great catfish gear a little used but well cared for william ur one hell of a man and thanks again

10. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    I know it has to be hard on the wife and son,but you are a true american soldier and I salute you for that. Just be careful where ever they send you and we'll be expecting that brother of yours to keep us on top of how you are doing.
    Now with that said I want to say Welcome tO theBOC. this is one big family here. I really do believe that when one member is hurting everyone can feel thier pain. You take care ,God Bless and come home SAFE!!

11. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Wow! This thread really warms my heart! I am a bit lost for words! Rep to all!

12. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Josh,first I want to say thank you for your service to our country.Second I want to say Catfishkatmando is a true american and cares a great deal for people.One of the greatest things I have found about this Brotherhood is how all the brothers and sisters care about people.Josh may God be with you and your family during your times of service..

13. LarryW

LarryW New Member

State:
    Abbeville Louisiana
    It is always nice to here of someone that gives more and dose more than he has to. Thank you for shareing and bringing to our eyes what a grate guy he is

14. Dragger

Dragger New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    This would be a better world if everyone was like" CatfishKatmando"......

15. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    This is just one more reason why I tell the people on here."If you want to see my HEROES,just look in the mirror." I may not know what to say,but I sure get prouder by the day!peewee-williams

16. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Yes sir! It's been said before but it can't be said enough. There is an outstanding bunch of folks right here on The BOC. It's people like all of you that make this the greatest country in the world!