Catfishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by chris45601, Jul 30, 2007.

1. chris45601

chris45601 New Member

State:
    ohio
    My catfishing has been really slow this year a couple of good channels here and there...I'm glad to get out of the house now and then but i can't no for the life of me catch a flattly like i did last year....Last night on the ohio i caught a 5 lb blue and that was it. I'm not sure whats going on, I mean im using the default bait of blue gill cut and alive, im fishing after bends structures i fished from paint creek all the way to the ohio....I think im doing something wrong, Anyone have any good ideas for me, I'm gonan try again tonight

2. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Just don't give up, I have gone months without catching any flatheads. They have got to be one of the weirdest fish in my opinion, sometimes you cant get out of them, and sometimes they just vanish. Your bait set up sounds good, are you fishing with floats, or on the bottom?

3. chris45601

chris45601 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Bottoms, Well i think i blew my chance last night messing around with my wifes little brothers i was fishing with a 7 inch long yellow belly and bam my pole almost fell of the dock lol but heck i put them on the fish last night and they caught i think thats the important thing. O well but i fish bottom mostly points and structures