Catfishing

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by kccatman76, Feb 7, 2007.

1. kccatman76

kccatman76 New Member

State:
    kansas
    OK everybody i have been catfishin for over 20 years and i have an ideal i bought me a pontoon innertube . I have caught alot of big cats over the years and now i would like 2 catch a 50 or better out of my tube . i would like to here everyones opinion on what u think about it. TY from the kccatman

2. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Be prepared to be towed around by anything above 10-15 lbs. If you anchor and fish, make sure you can disconnect the anchor rope and put it on a float. I use a carbiner clip to hold my anchor rope on my kayak so I can release quickly if I hook a big fish or get hung up in current (mild current, don't anchor in heavy current). Keep the fins away from the tubes or you'll limp in partially deflated...how I am after some fishing adventures. Fish relatively calm waters, those things get blown around in a wind. Good luck.

3. Team StrayCats

Team StrayCats New Member

State:
    florida
    Welcome to the Boc. Have you ever seen the fishing show called the bite. They have home made tube rafts that they made to fish out in the ocean for sail fish in Tournaments. They mount a piece of ply wood under the tube and hang the bait bucket over the side ,, they put chairs on them in the middle of the tube to set onand they mount they rods on top of the tube.Pretty cool looking. And the sail fish drags them all over the place. If you get the chance to watch the show you will get the idea on how they do it anyways. Good Luck

4. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    My dad used one quite often for bass fishing and got towed around a lot by anything over 3#. I do remember seeing a fishing show where they went after big cats from tubes, but it was many, many years ago (early to mid '80s). They REALLY got towed around. If I remember right, after getting towed around they went to shore for the actual landing.

5. kccatman76

kccatman76 New Member

State:
    kansas
    about 6 years ago i watched al linder catch a 12 foot sturgen out of a tube

6. kccatman76

kccatman76 New Member

State:
    kansas
    do u think i could land 1 in a tube ?

7. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    well I used to jug out of a 1 man inflatable raft when I was in high school & it was alot of fun but take from me dont let your craft get spinned or you'll be visiting Davey Jones's locker as I did.

8. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Welcome to the BOC!