catfishing

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by outdoors1988, Jul 19, 2009.

1. outdoors1988

outdoors1988 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I have always cat fished but not too much pole fishing except during spawn. How do you go about finding fish on lakes. I've went out 3 or 4 full nights and nothing:angry:. I have always heard not to stay at an area longer than 10 min and change deapths but tryed that and am now puzzled. I normally fish with either cut shad or 1 to 3in bluegill and that is the best bait out their i think and seem not to be working. If their is a thread about this please let me know and any help would be greatful.:big_smile:

2. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    If you are fishing out of Whitehorn Cove go to the east side along the bluffs south of Spring Creek. They should be in there. Use your locator to find them. Get in close.

3. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Try staying a lil longer. Like 30 min. Every 10 min re-reel and cast in another area. Do this three times for 10 min each. Then move to another spot:wink:It's worth a try, since you are useing the right bait:wink:

4. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    yeah id stay longer then 10 min id give it 30 to 45 then move on when possible.I know some places thats not an option from the bank and the crowed ,but thats the rule of thumb.id try using some livers or shrimp in my arsenal as well.The more baits you got to present the better off you will be.