Catfishing with the ol timers

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by kkyyoottee, Sep 5, 2007.

1. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    We all practice taking young people fishing. But today it hit me why not take some ol timers out to fish? I have noticed how my 74 year old father-laws health and attitude in life has changed since we have started taking him fishing. He has shared numerous tips. So I ask everyone on here find a ol timer to take fishing we all might learn something to share with each other. My neighbor is 84 and he is my next victim to take fishing. Then Im off to nursing home to see if anyone wants to go drown a worm!!!

2. kingdawes

kingdawes New Member

State:
    kentucky
    That is a very good idea. A lot of time an older person just plain cannot go with out some one there to help them with some things. Never thought of going to a nursing home but I think that would actually be a good idea too.I commend you

3. Bigbaldcountryboy

Bigbaldcountryboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I'll soon be 50,will you take me??...lol:smile2:

4. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I'm 63,would I qualify as an oldtimer? If so,I would be more than happy to go fishing with you. You're a good man Will, to take those older people fishing with you.

5. Howie Ketchdem

Howie Ketchdem New Member

YOURE DEFINETLY HEAVEN BOUND AT SOME POINT, YOURE A GOOD MAN AND WILL SHARE MANY GOOD STORIES WITH THEM GOOD OL BOYS.

6. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    One day all of our bones will be where we cant do what we do today and think nothing of it!!! I am 57 have parkisons and cant thread the eye of a hook without my wifes help if I get the chance to be 70 or 80 Id love to have some whipper snapper take me fishin so I can tell some lies. For all of you that have responded I'd consider it a honor to take you fishin!! God bless all of you!!!

7. Jerry60k

Jerry60k New Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    Used to take a friends father fishing with us.He was 80 or so back then and let me tell you he couldnt see 4 ft in front of him but he could catch some fish.

8. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i'm 26 so anyone that is older than me is more than welcome to go fishing with me anytime. anyone younger is also welcome to go fishing with me anytime. and anyone who is the same age as me are my equals so i guess we can go and fish together and enjoy each others company.

9. graybeard

graybeard New Member

State:
    Iowa
    My fishing buddy is only about 8 years older than me,(I'm 52), but he's got emphysema so bad he can barely walk from his truck to the dock anymore. I was kinda always the type that likes to fish alone, but I figure maybe someday I'll need help too, so what the heck. He's a good guy to fish with anyway, I couldn't pick a better partner.

10. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    There are alot of senior citizens out there who have fished all their lives, but who now due to health or the passing of their friends aren't able to go much if at all. It's a very nice thing to do to take somebody fishing. I would be honored to take one of them fishing. I would give anything to go fishing with my Granddad again.

11. kingdawes

kingdawes New Member

State:
    kentucky
    That's right. My grandpa(papaw) just recently past. We found out he had cancer and a short time to live. My father and I took him for what would turn out to be his last fishing trip 2 months ago. He went out being the happy man he always was. There is not one thing you could name that I would not give to have one trip. Rest in Peace Robert C. Dawes your memory will forever remain

12. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Now pay attention you people!! :smile2:

Just kidding, when I get old I hope someone will take me fishing.

13. Duckpoor

Duckpoor New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have been haulin kids, mine and others, to the lake and the duck blind almost as long as I have been going.
    You get to share some darn special moments with them Youngins.. that on its own is reward enough.. But ,Just wait till one of those growed up Kids calls and askes to take you fishin or hunting.
    Most morning start out with remember when we.......
    Yup take an Ole guy along and make us smile ..Big.

Fellas it don't get any better.:big_smile:

14. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Very good post. I started taking my uncle 2 years ago. he is going to be 70 this year. He has fished bass and trout and walleye and has hunted every critter that walks in Ohio since he was a kid, but he never went flathead fishing. Last year he got his first flathead it was a 20 pounder, I never felt more excited for a newcomer than that night. He had a blast. we caught two around 10lbs and I got a 25lber also. when we went to breakfast the next morning he was talking everybodys ear off at the resturant.

15. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Youngsters won't take me fishin'... they're afraid I'll die in their boat and they won't know what to do with my carcass.:smile2:

16. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    sure i do Jeb, you would make great bait!!! just kidding. ha ha ha ... ha ...:embarassed:

i take my granpa with me whenever he is in town, he is closin in on 70 i think. of course my 2 fav. fishing partners (other than my wife Amy) are my Uncle Mike (my grandma's lil bro.) and my cousin M.P. (uncle m's grandson) uncle mike is somewhere in his 50's (toughest man ive ever met) he hasnt slowed down one bit. my cousin is 14. there isnt more than a week that goes by that we dont pull an all nighter on the water. (till huntin season) the only thing is, me and MP will come draggin in at daylight take showers and hit the rack. Uncle Mike will make a pot of coffee and start working on one of the 1000 unfinished projects around the house. usually it is the pier. his house was blown away by hurricane ivan. ive got a very tight connection with those 2. uncle mike's oldest son Micheal was murdered in his 1st year of med school. so i kinda fill the gap between uncle M's son/nephew, and mp's cousin/brother (his dad was a couple years older than me when he was shot.

but, i am starting to ramble and that is for another thread. my point was someone older than me got me started on the water and i am always willing to return the favor.

17. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jeb they will figure it out soon enough. Just roll you overboard.:smile2: