Catfishing with K F C--chicken bones for Catfish bait

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by catfishkatmando, Dec 18, 2005.

1. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    A freind and I were fishing a farm pond and eatting fried chicken and throwing the bones into the bond we caught 2 channels about 5# each when we cleaned them their belies were ful of chickenbones . This was in Texas and I have since moved to West Virginia we didn't get a chance to se if they would bite a bone on a hook .

2. sbursik

sbursik New Member

State:
    McKinney Texas
    I caught a cat in Arizona that had rib bones in its stomach! The bank was at a day use area so I guess someone had BBQ'd that day!

3. topjimmy

topjimmy New Member

State:
    AZ
    My buddy told me to throw our chicken bones (Church's Fried Original Recipe) in the lake where we were fishing. I was skeptical until I caught a channel, opened it's stomach, and found a drumstick in there.

4. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    and here you guys are gettin on Mellon for using chicken breast! maybe he's onto something.....

5. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Well I never actually used chicken breasts or bones for bait. I have caught many chennels on Hot dogs, big red smoky's and mets and Bratworsts. This along with KFC and Churches chicken is making me mighty hungary!! Im like Mellon, if I had that stuff in the boat, by the time I was done cleaning the bones, the Cats wouldnt want anything to do with it. Ha ha

Hey Dink, I have used dog food in the panty hose several times and always could drum up either a carp or bullheads with it.

Its amazing how when growing up youll try about anything and I know I m not the only one who was getting ready to go cattin and decided to open the fridge and see what was calling my name to go try..........

Salmonid

6. Tinboat

Tinboat New Member

State:
    Jonesboro, Arkansas
    Skin from KFC original works too.

7. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That's the part that I hit on! LOL

8. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    you ever notice how nite crawlers from a yard with a dog always work better? is it the urine? the "poo"? had a freind who thought that and sneaked along a coffee can with a mix of the two and nightcrawlers. man i almost got sick sittin here remembering how it smelled! anybody hungry now? lol

9. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Dink,

I'm still hungry.
    but then again, my wife used to be a Nurse Aide at a hospital. The things she and her co-workers would talk about while eating, well, your little can of poo'n'piss ain't nothing in comparison.

10. master_cat

master_cat New Member

State:
    tennessee
    chicken is a real good bait i use chicken breat chunks raw soaked in strawberry coolaid they work trust me

11. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    youd be surprised at some of the things women talk about when they get together! i know my wife does it too.

12. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    do you make the koolaid first and soak them in it or do you sprinkle dry koolaid on the chicken?

13. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Question, just what will channels not eat, other than a few commercial baits I could mention.

14. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    What ever the hell I'm fishing with! lol

15. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    That's how it is with me too.LOL