Catfishing Widow - maybe - maybe not....

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by MMloy, Oct 6, 2009.

1. MMloy

MMloy New Member

State:
    NC
    Guys I posted this on the Sisterhood but wanted your input as well.....I just want to fish and sometimes our fishing times do not line up - having kids and all......
    I have been fishing and living on a lake nearly all my life...not coming from a " serious fishing" family - you just fish off the pier till Dad decised to retire and then your job is to take him (in a row boat) the crap he forgot to take with him to begin with....Then discover later in life that you really love fishing....all the while realize that ALL the men in your life have never liked the water or fishing! Then the Great Lord showers with his love and drops a man in your life that has the same love for fishing you know you have had all along...and he loves it even more! All is great in the world right!? Pretty much but I have a thought....my girlfirends would place here an "Oh Hell you been thinking"

We have the "Mother Ship" a 26 foot Carolina Kentucky - beautiful fishing machine and a 20 year dream for my man.
    We have the "Off-spring" a 22 foot Sea Ark we are riggin for travel fishing - He wants to fish the Mississippi - and so do I - if there is water and fish count me in!
    You know he goes fishing on his own, takes friends fishing and what not but I only get to go fishing with him....NOT that I mind, at times that is the ONLY time we get to be alone....
    But you know I want my own boat! - and I want to paint it pink (for shits and giggles)! I want to someday wake up at 4 in the morning and hook up and go....Maybe just me and my daughter who loves fishing at the age of 6 - So my thinking is what kinda boat do I want...I only fresh water fish and I would probably stay close to home with it, NC and SC...I have mainly fished for Cats but in my opinion if they are biting - I will catch whatever is on the hook....I will rig it myself and figure "it" out as I go....
    So Ladies....any info ya'll would like to share for a future "boat owner" wonder what I would name her?????:cool2:

2. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Here Kitty Kitty.......................Cats Meow.............

call my wife she will fish with you:big_smile:

3. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I'm a preacher, so I call mine visitation. When somebody calls for me the wife can say he's out on visitation.:wink:

4. MMloy

MMloy New Member

State:
    NC
    I will and would love to go fishing with another female angler...when I find the boat.....have no clue what to look for here...come on guys help a fisherwoman out....I want to buy a boat...for beginners!!!!:crazy:

5. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    I did see a pink camo sea ark somewhere. That would be perfect:eek:oooh:

6. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    GO GIRL! Your pink boat can be a symbol to all us GIRL fishing folks! Love it........But of course i am the type that will pay an extra two dollars to get Hot pink duck tape! LOL Oh, ya and hot pink line to wrap my pole in! Crazy for PINK. I think if the gails start seeing fishing stuff in pink they might just give it a try! If pink fishing stuff gets just one more girl into fishing we have done our job well!:wink:

7. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Ive got a buddy that has a 16' LOWE with a just rebuilt 75 evenrude that he is looking to sell. ( he got a bigger boat) Its an older boat, but would be good for a starter. PM me for more info....