Catfishing- What kind of camera do you use?

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by kycatman01, Aug 12, 2006.

1. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i am thinking of purchasing a digital camera. i use a camera phone. it don't take very good pics. what kind does everyone use. any suggestions will greatly be appreciated!!

2. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I've got a nikkon cool pix 5600 I believe. I think its a good little camera. Something similar should be available if they don't make that one anymore. You jsut don't want to get them wet when you are fishing!

3. Crackr

Crackr New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I use a Kodak EasyShare C310. Don't know much about all its options, but it does take good pics.

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Canon Power Shot A400, take all my pics with it. Best camera I have ever owned.

5. JustCats

JustCats Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I use a Nikon Coolpix 3500 that I bought at a flea market. It is a Great little camera. I had a Sony when I bought the Nikon. I bought it with the intention to resell it. I liked it so much that I sold the Sony instead and kept the Nikon.

Tony

6. catter5000

catter5000 New Member

State:
    TULSA,OK
    Canon power shot A300.great camera

7. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    I take pics on a throw away camera, and on my digital camera...That way if something happens to one, I still have pics on the other

8. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Well usually I forget to bring my camera so I just snap my pictures with my camera phone, It hasnt fail me yet and I never forget it. lol:big_smile: :crazy:

9. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    i use a sony cybershot 5.1 megapixel.seems to work pretty good

10. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I use a Vivitar 4100 4.0 mega pixels 4x digital zoom its the best cam i have ever owned takes awsome pics got it on black friday last year the day after my son was born for 49.99 normally 149.99 was out side waitin at 4am and the first one in line they only had 40 of them for that sale :) it was the day after my son was born my wife made me go lol cause she was in the hospital with the new baby and didnt want to miss the sales lmao

11. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I've never owned nothing but Sony digital cameras.
    This is my F717, picture was taken with wifes Sony T9. :big_smile:

Attached Files:

• 717.jpg
      717.jpg
      File size:
      21.4 KB
      Views:
  12. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    A Panasonic LUMIX DMC-TZ1. You will not be dissapointed. Get a 2gig card for it and you will have 30 minutes of video or a ton of stills and any combination of the two. Very pleased with mine. Havein a ball with it!

13. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    Nikon Coolpix 8700. Great camera. Can use point-and-shoot or adjust exposure and shutter speed. The most important part of a camera is it's lens, and nikon makes great lenses.

14. rcneman

rcneman New Member

State:
    TN
    i got a Kodak easy share. It's very easy to use, takes great pics and vid's with sound...software that comes with it is easy to load and use on the PC.

cyas
    rc

15. Sentry Dog Man

Sentry Dog Man New Member

State:
    TN
    I have two Canon's that I use. One is the PowerShot S100 Digital Elph at 2.1 megapixel. It is the size of a King Size cigarette pack in heighth and width but just a tad bigger in depth. Very small and easy to carry around anywhere. Only a 2x zoom(optical) with it though.

The other is a Canon PowerShot S1 IS, with 10x zoom (optical) at 3.2 megapixels. This one takes the best pix. But, is not nearly as compact and portable as the Digital Elph.

I really prefer the Digital Elph for fishing because of its size.

16. Amigo108

Amigo108 New Member

State:
    Columbia, Maryland
    I've used kodak easy share, nikon coolpix, and a pentax digital camera and they all took great pics. For me I like my pentax the best only because it's very compact and water resistant. I don't think you can go wrong nowadays, especially with nikon and kodak and you can get a heelluva camera for around $200., look for the sales.

Best thing about the digital cameras is photoshop. Have you seen my 200lb Sunfish LOL?

Don't ask me to post a pic cause I'm just kidding around....but it gives me an idea hehe.

17. BailBonds

BailBonds New Member

State:
    Indiana
    If you just want decent photos I've had 2 Kodak Easyshares. Yep 2, last one survived thousands of miles shaking on my motorcyle's windshield bag, many hours on the boat dash, being dropped out of a 20'+ tree stand in to snow only to finally give up after being submerged in lake water. It actually still kinda worked after that just the display died. The only feature they lack is a macro lense. Only needed for very tight close ups for small eBay items or? Otherwise slap a 256 memory card in and it's good to go for hundreds of photos. My current one C310 has 4MG pixels I bought for $84.00 at Fry's electronics a month ago. Pretty low end but meets my needs plus I take it along places that I'd be afraid to take a really pricey one so I end up with many more good photos. Last one made it through about 3 years of major abuse.

Only other advice I'd give is take the time to learn how to use photo editing software. Can make even a poor photographer like me look like a good one.

18. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    i always use cheap throw aways when i go fishing, pics turn out fine and i dont have to worry obout getting it wet ive lost many throw aways to the fact that i got it wet and i always keep them in ziplock bags you never know what can happen out on the water and i would hate to lose a few hundred dollars

19. BailBonds

BailBonds New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I hear you on the disposables. Not a bad way to go. I've got friends and family all over the US that I exchange photos with via email so I'd have to scan each photo. Plus you gotta pay and wait to get them developed with the toss outs. I'm one of the most impatient people I know of. Which of course creates a whole bunch issues when fishing, but that's another story.

Once you get a digital you'll wonder how you did without one. When the women folk figure out they can have pictures of the new grand kids and nieces and nephews on a daily basis it's a done deal.

20. Jebbie

Jebbie New Member

State:
    TN