Catfishing W/treble hooks.

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by KatfishKyle, Jun 2, 2008.

1. KatfishKyle

KatfishKyle New Member

State:
    Wayne Co. Ohio
    I have never catfished with treble hooks because, 1...I heard it was not legal. and 2...it seems like it would be a pain in the @$$ to remove from a cats mouth. Has anyone else heard its not legal to use them for cats or did I get bad info? Or does anyone use them for catfishin and the pros and cons of the treble hooks, thanks.

2. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    it is legal to use treble hooks on rod and reel,but if you arent planning on keeping what you catch it is a bad Idea,causes to much damage to the fish

3. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Yep ... I agree on both counts with Tony .... :eek:oooh: Garry-

4. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    yep,on both counts.but,if i were to use a treble,i would get rid of the barbs,then,it qould be defeating the use of trebles in the first place. :wink:

5. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    So far we all agree. That's amazing!

6. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    IF YOU ARE WANTING TO USE THE TRIBLE HOOK FOR PUNCH BAIT CHECK OUT THE LOOPER RIG, I HERE IT WORKS WELL

7. 72hdflh

72hdflh New Member

State:
    West Salem, Ohio
    I have only used them if I was fishing chicken livers, you can kind of "drape" the liver around the hook and it doesn't come off of the hook as easily. I personnaly have not had one hooked deep using this method and most have only been hooked by one and sometimes two of the points.