Catfishing VS Hunting

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by flaboy, Apr 6, 2007.

1. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    ON the Bowhuntimg thread under Peewees Great Idea it was suggested that we support those defending us by seding hunting/fishing dvds so I,m suggesting a contest. totally informal, no prizes just send dvds to paul over there and see who sends the most. hunters or fishermen, oops, fisherpersons. What yall think? lts do it!

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    For my two cents, I wish they'd make this a fishing board or a hunting board. It seems to go to extremes trying to please everybody's personal interests. I found the board by searching for catfish on the web. The name is catfish1... so why all these other topics?

3. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania

Outdoors people (hunters & fisherpeople) tend to have similar interests so having the options available to share our passions with our new friends in the same site would make sense. I also chat at a hunting site http://huntingresource.com/forums/index.php?&&&CODE=00 but theres no local catfishers there. Now I can share my insight & excitement with anyone/everyone.

4. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    I like to hunt And I like to fish. I usually just ride around in my oversise rv and wish. I ment only a friendy contest to do something for the troops. I WILL NOT! apologise for that. I hate that it bothers you. your two cents is worth as much as mine. I wish you well.

5. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    It's a good thing you can't by nothing with your two cents. Like said before people do more then one thing. It's kind of like you posting in other parts of the forum that do not pertain to catfishing....

6. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    I like to do both, not much to hunt when it is time to fish, why bitch, BOC is the best of both worlds, you don't have to read posts that don't interest you.

7. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    thats why theres forums on here for differnt topics, because more often than not, if someone fishes and loves the outdoors, they probably hunt. dont look at the hunting topics if you dont hunt. that simple. why get on seperate boards for fishing, hunting, and other outdoor things? just my 2 cents. your obviously one of the only people on here that think this board should be strictly for fishing. but your opinion is your opinion and mine is mine. have a nice day.

8. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    great idea btw. glad to see more people than me have tremendous respect for our guys over seas and are willing to give them something back for putting their lives on the line for us.

9. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Lawrance, Sometimes I agree with what you are saying but, That is what makes the BOC what is is!!!! That is the beauty of it. It is so diverse in it's membership that we have folks from everywhere that have so many different intrests. Diversity is what keeps it growing. If it were still only a Catfishing site, I don't think it would have grown to this magnitude.

Heck, do what I do...... Skip over the threads that don't intrest you and keep going!!!

10. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I/m not even going to get in this wasting to much engery fussing na:tounge_out:

11. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    This is the BOC.We ALL can and should express our opinions.This is why we are what we are and why we have so many Brothers and Sisters.This is good! I for one like to know what everyone thinks.This is right! I don;t have to agree with you.I do want to listen to you and think about your opinion.When we differ,we all think we are right and we all think the other is wrong.This is why we disagree.This is how we learn and grow.Show me someone who never changes their mind and I will tell you that I think that they are a very narrow minded person,be it me or you.As for me,I know that I am too stubborn for my own good.Some may love the sound of a sycophant,but remember,the sound is only for his or her own good.It would get pretty dull if we all thought the same.I will gladly tolerate you.How about you tolerating me?I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

12. jsharper

jsharper New Member

State:
    TX
    I just read the forums that interest me. If I had time to worry about the others, i would use it to go fishing.

Jim

13. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Boy, I am glad I only threw 2 cents worth out there - I'd be skinned if it was a quarters worth. I have re-read my post and don't see nor feel that I was critical towards other brothers likes and dislikes. Those of you who have seen me post on the board know I support the rights of everyone to disagree, that no one is the absolute person on the board. My interest lie in fishing and boating. I don't read threads in which I have no interest. My comments, I thought, was that when I first found the board there was very little on it but fishing, boating and the various states. To me, it was a better board at that point. Then it started expanding, which I guess is good... but, at that point there was a feature where you could block and not even see the threads in which you had no interest. Somehow in all the growth this board has done, that feature was removed. I questioned it for several months/years and was assured it would be reinserted once the board had settled. We have had three or four major modifications since that time. I am told simply not to read the threads in which I have no interest. Makes me feel like a dufus for moderators to tell me that - what the heck do they think I have been doing - reading the threads and then saying I have no interest in that topic. No, you guys and gals can have your hunting threads, nascar, gardening, whatever... it is your right granted by the moderators of the board. I still have the right to say I personally think the board was better at the previous point. So, if you want to dump on me for saying my two cents worth, well, brothers, start dumping.

14. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    Hey Folkes, lets get past differing opinions and do something for the troops, if ur able to send a dvd and want to; Great. if not lets remember them in our thoughts/payers. Lets get them back safe and take them hunting/fishing!
    it,s allowing diffrent opinions that makes our country the Greatest in the world!

15. Indigo Flats

Indigo Flats New Member

State:
    Lancaster,
    I for one like the diversity. I don't hunt but I still read the posts.

16. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    dont worry, i dont think we'd ever skin ya:wink: ive only seen the board in the state thats its in now, so i dunno, could have been 100 times better awhile back. but i kno everyone here respects everyone elses opinions so how bout this ends here. and no one start dumping on anyone.

17. Okie Jim

Okie Jim New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I've caught catfish while bowhunting. ( Limb lines) It's hard to complain about that. I like the way things are set up here at the BOC. Best fishing site I have found.

18. Redtick

Redtick New Member

State:
    Neoga, Illinois
    I post on more hunting boards than fishing boards. And, I hunt more than I fish. I have Champion coon dogs, squirrel dogs, and rabbit dogs. But, in the summer, I just care for my dogs and fish, mostly catfish. If foks don't like hunting, they shouldn't click on that portion of the board.

I do make DVDs of my hunting dogs. I get $20 a copy. But, I will look into sending some to the troops for free. Maybe I will make a catfishing DVD this summer.:big_smile:

19. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    Hey folks, The whole idea was about supporting the troops. If you can't OK, if you don't want to send to Paul, OK. I maby to a friend/family thats serving somewhere.
    I wish to all, Tight lines and Good hunting!

20. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY
    Hunting....good
    Fishing...good
    Time wasted arguing that could be used to hunt or fish.....bad.
    :0a19: