catfishing video

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by take1a, Mar 11, 2008.

1. take1a

take1a New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I plan to fish a local river this summer for channel cats. Haven't fished for cats much at all, since I was a kid, so my knowledge base is newbie. :confused2: If anybody knows of a good channel cat video or DVD that I can get, that covers mainly fishing medium size interior rivers, I'd really appreciate hearing about it. Thanks, Al

2. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    hey al, welcome to the boc, from the tx panhandle! before you go out getting videos, check out the library and archived posts on this site. you could be on here 24-7 for three days and not read half it all! i thought there was nothing more to learn about catfishing till i found this site, and i learn something new that i can apply all the time.

3. take1a

take1a New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Thanks jorge, I'll check out the archives. Nonetheless, I still learn a lot from video's. I learned how to butcher deer from videos and it's saved me a ton of money over the past 7 or 8 years. So, videos or DVD's I'm looking for on channels cats are on the basics of fishing medium sized interior rivers: smaller than the Mississippi, but bigger than a trout stream.

4. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    In-fisherman has one that covers alot about channels.

5. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Id just read as much as you can in the library and just get out as much as you can. Time on the water is the best way to learn your particular river. Most rivers are a series of riffles, holes and runs.Once you can locate the riffles and holes you will find fish.Keep your bait simple and natural.Id stay away from stink bait in river. Use shad if you have it or any type of perch for the best luck.Small toads and grasshoppers can be awesome in season. Bait and bait placement are critical.Patience is key for bigger fish.You would have to get 20 videos to touch the information in the library.

6. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    The IN-FISHERMAN video is called CLASSIC CATFISH. It covers Drifting for Cats, Slip Rig options, Small River Catfish, Dip Bait options and many more. Very informative video for those fisherman wanting to learn more tactics about catching bread-and-butter size catfish. Check it out. IN-FISHERMAN has many videos on catfishing, which are very informative.

:0a26::0a23:

Mark..

7. take1a

take1a New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I've seen the Classic Catfish video on sale. Thanks, I'll pick one up. Any other good ones?

8. Junior42

Junior42 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, KY
    Welcome to the BOC from kentucky.

9. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Check out all of them. They are great videos to watch.:big_smile:

10. Diego

Diego New Member

State:
    California
    I'll second the In-Fisherman videos, and you should also pick up the book, "Channel Catfish Fever." Great stuff!

11. take1a

take1a New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Just watched the DVD "Classic Catfish" by In-Fisherman. This DVD was exactly what I was looking for. The reservoir they fished on is only 1 hour from my house. Went fishing for crappie there about two years ago. Didn't catch any crappies, but picked up two nice cats. Now that I know how to actually target cats using the DVD's methods, I hope to increase my catch. Great segment on small river fishing, that's perfect for the river that's only 3 minutes away from my house. Thanks for the heads up on this DVD. Couldn't have asked for a better one. :big_smile:

12. tkoehler

tkoehler New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Cant go wrong with any of the in-fisherman series videos. They have 5 or 6 just for catfish !!

13. Redtick

Redtick New Member

State:
    Neoga, Illinois
    I have all of the In-Fisherman catfish videos, they are all good. And, on this week's In Fisherman Fishing Show on The Outdoor Channel on TV, they had a channel catfishing segment catching channels using a crappie pole. It was excellent. Go to www...................com They sell catfish DVDS. I have several of the other DVDs besides the In-Fisherman series. I have learned something from every catfishing DVD I own but nothing is better than the advise you can get off of this board.

14. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    The infisherman Catfish video is very good

15. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    mega cat crew (set lining for catfish ) i watched it i liked it

16. take1a

take1a New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Set-lining.....is that the same thing as throwing out a trot line, and checking it every 24 hours? I'd like to learn how to do that too.

17. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky