Catfishing - type and time of the year?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by bigtimingcats69, Mar 29, 2006.

1. bigtimingcats69

bigtimingcats69 New Member

State:
    Stuart, Virginia
    If u had to choose what time of the year would u go fishing for what kinds of fish. Like during the summer for flatheads and during the winter for blues etc.. What would u say about the time of year?

2. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Monster Blues In Winter!

Wheelmobile07

3. khensu0213

khensu0213 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I'd say summer all year, and equal ability to catch blues and flats year round. I'd also wish for Wels cats in American waters. But then that might be a little greedy on my part. :)

4. sairving

sairving New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Texas
    I would fish all year round. I don't care what I catch as long as I am getting bites I'll take it. LOL

5. TNcat

TNcat New Member

State:
    TN
    I love them sumemrtime Flatties and Channels!!!!!!!!!!!!! And them warm water blues ain't bad either!!!!!!

6. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Late spring right before the flatheads spawn is my favorite time.

7. tdpasser

tdpasser New Member

State:
    Gilbert AZ
    Late Spring and early Summer before it gets muggy with the monsoon here in AZ. Late Spring the water starts to warm and we enter the fun time with all the active fish. No Blues here that I know of.

8. foreverflathead

foreverflathead New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Id say spring to mid summer is my favorite, fewer bugs, but I fish as long as snow isnt falling.

9. Jroc777

Jroc777 Member

State:
    Evansville, IN
    I would say I usually have the best luck during the spring before the spawn starts. For trophy sized blue cats I like fishing in the winter. They seem to be a little easier to locate then.

10. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Anytime as long as its not cold,i hate cold weather bbuurr.When the cold weather starts thats when i stop.Anyway ive caught some monster channels while they are guarding the nest by just reeling my line in,and when my bait gets a little to close....BAM fish on.